PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How is the Sound on your Touch Pro?
Sound is great at any volume 28 21.05%
Sound is okay but not perfect 49 36.84%
Sound is pretty distorted when turned up loud 40 30.08%
Sound is unbearable 16 12.03%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: POLL: Audio Problems on your Touch Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
So that those of us who are having audio problems "blown speaker sound" with the Touch Pro's I thought I'd create a poll tro try and get a handle on if the problem is widespread, isolated or if we are just too picky
I think you forgot the most obvious choice... "sound is bad" regardless of the volume setting. I wouldn't say it's unbearable but it is bad at all volume settings. If the other set is bad then I can't understand what they are saying most of the time.

tsp
Old 11-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

drkerry is a n00b

I have found that my Touch Pro's speaker has very poor sound quality when using the device for everyday telephone use. The sound coming from the earpiece speaker is distorted. It almost sounds as though the earpiece speaker is being driven too hard by the output audio amplifier or the equalizer settings are way off for a spoken voice. The speaker phone seems to work well as does the wired headset. I called HTC to get some advice and the only solution they could provide was to try and plug in the wired USB headset and then go and adjust the equalizer settings in the Audio Booster program. This I knew would not solve the problem since this program only works in conjunction with the USB headset and has no effect on the built-in speakers.

I also went back to the Sprint Store (suburban Philadelphia) where I bought my Touch Pro. Here I made a test call with their demo Pro and it too had exactly the same audio problem. Finally, I tried placing a call with the demo Touch Diamond and the sound quality was much better. This leads me to believe that there is some sort of defect in the Pro either a hardware or firmware issue.

Thanks for your replies.

Device Data (type ##786# with the keyboard):

Build Date: 10/13/2008
ROM Date: 09/12/08
Software Version 1.03.651.3
Firmware Version 1.03.15F
Hardware Version 0002
Old 11-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: palm pre

yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work

So what do we do with this info? has anyone seen any problems being resolved by newer build dates?
sony clie peg-t665c: 5/2002-3/2006
palm v - 5/1999-4/2002
Old 11-12-2008, 04:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Sounds like the only difference was between the original Best Buy stock, and the Sprint stock. Dates don't seem important, really, because a lot of people are having issues with their 10/19+ units.

From what I gather:
-Screen insensitivity exists on ALL Touch Pro/Diamond models on all carriers.
-Battery charging issue exists on ALL Touch Pro models on all carriers. Though some users just haven't got their phones to hit that "sweet spot," yet. Even the AT&T version does it.
-Speakers are all fairly bad, with slight variation between build-dates. None seem to be as good as the Original Touch, or any other phone, for that matter. I had 3 Pros, a Diamond, played with 2 displays, and my brother's Fuze, and they all had VERY disappointing earpieces, (and screens.)
-Heat seems to plague these phones. Possibly the radio ROM, but who knows if that will ever be released, or if it will ever fix the problem.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

ggoldfingerd is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone's speaker make a static/blown type sound only when changing the volume during a call?

My call quality on the speaker sound fine unless I'm change the volume. I also get the same sound when the youtube app stops playing a video. The speaker sound perfect and has no issues when listening to music, so I am hoping this is a software issue. My 30 day exchange is up on Tuesday, so I want to make sure everything on my phone works. I don't want this issue progressing something worse later on.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Hanzo911 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by krollman View Post
I called Sprint CS. They have not yet been trained on Touch Pro according to rep. They referred me to HTC support. (866) 449-8358. This was the first the HTC rep heard of the problem and he pulled up this thread. Per his direction, I attempted to do a hard reset and could not get phone to do this following instructions in the manuel. He then had me do start/settings/system/clear storage would he said would accomplish the same thing as a hard restart. Did all that and no change in audio. He said that this would confirm that there was no software problem with my phone and that the problem must be hardware related.

He did not have any other suggestions other than for us to make a post on htcwiki.com, which he said is monitored by HTC senior techs.

I called and htc support lied about this is the first call they received about the speaker problem (as of today) and made sure I did a hard reset..what a bunch of time wasting morons.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

debreez is a n00b

how can u remove the audiopara from ur phone once u install it, i cant even see it in remove programs in settings
Old 02-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Lurker

FusionZ06 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbzbusa View Post
I Had Audio Problems Then Installed The Cab File From Here And Pooof So Much Better....was Discuraged When I 1st Got But Now Perfect
Link to this cab file please? Thanks

I got a brand new TP from Alltel two days ago and the speaker is pretty bad.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:25 PM
RZO
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

RZO is a n00b

hmmmmmm
Old 02-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: T-Mobile

MPowerF1 is a n00b

Couple of thoughts here. Using Diamond Tweak, I haven't had any problems with the earpiece volume. It's not brilliant but I've never been in a situation where I was in the middle of a call but couldn't hear the caller (i.e. talking while in an airport).

I did have a problem with built-in speaker. I only use it for alarms and ringtones but its a big problem to have a ringtone be inaudible. I had this problem on my last phone and if anyone is having this problem I would recommend this. I installed Audacity on my computer (originally to clip sections of songs into ringtones) and then used its Amplify function to boost the output. It will eventually distort quality some but with a 30-second ringtone being pumped through a mono-speaker, quality isn't the point. I just need it loud and this fixed that.

Other problem I had with regards to audio had to with the volume of music when being pumped through my bluetooth headset. The earbuds I use aren't brilliant but they're good enough that I shouldn't have to worry about hearing a song while on an airplane, for instance. I've tried a lot and nothing really made a difference (i.e. audiopara3, Diamond Tweak, etc.). What did make a difference was to install SRS WOW HD on the phone. It took a lot of playing around to make the output good (if you boost everything the output becomes very, very, very tinny and artificial). As I have it now, though, quality/volume is great. I really want to get on an airplane or a really loud place to test some songs that have inherently weak volume.

Anyway, just my experiences. YMMV.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro