PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 08:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hsanchez is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible defect or similiar on everyone elses

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnext View Post
lol its funny that you mention this, I noticed this on my phone yesterday morning. but so far it hasn't been a issue for me.... as long as it doesn't worsen and fall off or something lol im fine with it. It's definitely not as noticeable in person as it is in some of these pictures (I love my camer lol) p.s: the diamond doesn't appear to have this problem, my uncles is absolutly flush.

I anticipated when i got this phone that it would have little quirks, that's a chance I was willing to take just to get it first. but so far im really pleased with it.
I have the same issue, I was going to return it to BB for another one. But I thought it was something i could live with. And now that I see that they all have the same problem I wont for sure.

Either way I think we have the right to want perfection.

I know I did pay $300 for this phone and Im not happy that buttons are popping off it, but i can live with it.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700

ski15freak is a n00b

mine's raised but not nearly as much as the pics posted here, not a big deal though unless it stops working, maybe a good reason to keep the insurance awhile
Old 10-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski15freak View Post
mine's raised but not nearly as much as the pics posted here, not a big deal though unless it stops working, maybe a good reason to keep the insurance awhile
YES! happy I have insurance too! lol
but hopefully it won't come to that, I want to take the best possible care of this phone so I won't ever end up with a refurb device... so if it wants to crap out on me hopefully it does it before my receipts return policy expires lol

Last edited by gxnext; 10-28-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:24 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Mine is raised a bit, but not like that.

Still, it doesn't look bad or anything.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnext View Post
lol its funny that you mention this, I noticed this on my phone yesterday morning. but so far it hasn't been a issue for me.... and when I push it down it stays flush for a while, as long as it doesn't worsen and fall off or something lol im fine with it. It's definitely not as noticeable in person as it is in some of these pictures (I love my camera lol) p.s: the diamond doesn't appear to have this problem, my uncles is absolutely flush.

I anticipated when i got this phone that it would have little quirks, that's a chance I was willing to take just to get it first. but so far im really pleased with it.
thats the condition my first diamond was in too... i wanted to return it for warranty as the buttons didn't work correctly because of this. i dont findany problem with returning the device if its physically defective. if you payed for it you deserve to have it 100% pristine condition out of the box. period.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Mine is the same, but I would say it only sticks out half as far as the pics above.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

same issue
Old 10-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic

In The Office is a n00b

I almost hate to say this, but given the photos GXNEXT has posted, some of you seem rather forgiving.

Unless I am looking at them from the wrong angle, it seems plain to me that the piece in question ought to be flush with the body of the phone and is not properly aligned. This seems especially true given that some of you report that on your phone, the difference doesn't seem as bad as what is pictured.

Maybe this is immaterial for some of you; and maybe it ought to be. Heck, I am new here, and can't claim to know anywhere near as much as most, if not all, of you.

But I know it when a piece of hardware looks out of place to me, especially if parts of it are not plumb with the rest of it, and that's the way it looks to me in these photos.

I am not usually an early adopter when it comes to most electronic devices, but this phone has had me jazzed. And more and more I feel that excitement becoming tempered with the reality of the issues (both hardware and software) which this phone - as great as it may be, and likely will become - seems sure to face in the coming few days and months.

Sorry to be disagreeing with those who say it doesn't matter, or those who think it's nitpicking. But shouldn't the damn thing be on one even plane?
Old 10-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian

those pics do make it look jacked up. mine is perfectly aligned so i cant complain. i did notice that someone at BB was playing with mine because i saw a picture taken in the back room in my picture album.

i should have posted it, but i deleted it already. it was just a pic of a white board with some writing on it and a vacuum next to it. i noticed all the plastic was peeled off the phone too.

oh well, still loving the phone but YES i am bored because i cant flash it. bloated stock rom is OK, but i know it can be so much better
Old 10-28-2008, 04:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc

on the diamonds it was the oppisite side that was raised up. the good news is with the 3rd fluch sereen device it whould be balanced. lol. i just want my darn tp. come on sprint. lol
PDA's I've owned/used in order... (retentions loves me)... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro