PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41831)

rhannahs19 10-28-2008 11:56 PM

Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

thanks crit keep us updated!

criticalaudioinc 10-29-2008 08:49 AM

Received the DEMO model today and it is different from the TEST model, So I will be doing tests with the DEMO model today and attempt to see if the phone is crippled, If anyone has any questions please post and I will be more then happy to help.

Silent_Patriot 10-29-2008 09:22 AM

Specs, pics, etc plz. Anything and everything you can let us know about it without getting into trouble at work. Thanks!

slyfox7 10-29-2008 11:05 AM

Anything you can give us....processor speed, chipset, memory, wifi, g-sensor.

RdBrd83 10-29-2008 12:51 PM

Is the keyboard layout the same as in the picture from earlier in this thread? Specifically the 10 rows of keys, the arrow separating the N and M and the period being to the left of the spacebar. I know it's not nearly as important as processor speed and everything else already mentioned, but it just seemed like an odd layout.
And also, thank you so much for all the updates.

mobidutch 10-29-2008 06:57 PM

Crit got vewwy vewwy quiet...huntin wabbits?

What's the scoop on the demo model? Can you tell us?

friguy3 10-29-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C101 (Post 480631)
I must admit, I am curious as to what prompted the keyboard design as displayed on phone arena. Specifically, the 10 columns on the Verizon version, as opposed to the 12 on the Sprint. Also, the up arrow key between the N and M keys?

I have to admit, putting the arrow key in between the n and m is the dumbest most idiotic thing i have ever seen. I cant imagine typing on the keyboard. seriously if thats how it is im not sure if id get it. Was there a problem with the way the other keyboard was layed out. verizon almost makes good, then boom, screwed it up again as always. Take something good and change it just enough to be an annoyance. If there is anyone out there that likes the arrow in between the n and m, you seriously need your head examined. I hope they changed it or i may jump to...shall i say....sprint

mobidutch 10-29-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friguy3 (Post 483871)
I have to admit, putting the arrow key in between the n and m is the dumbest most idiotic thing i have ever seen. I cant imagine typing on the keyboard. seriously if thats how it is im not sure if id get it. Was there a problem with the way the other keyboard was layed out. verizon almost makes good, then boom, screwed it up again as always. Take something good and change it just enough to be an annoyance. If there is anyone out there that likes the arrow in between the n and m, you seriously need your head examined. I hope they changed it or i may jump to...shall i say....sprint

I can't say I would jump ship to another carrier over the layout of a keyboard...but I have to agree that the layout VZW chose here seems to make no sense at all. Not a good call. I seriously wonder sometimes how they come to backward decisions like these. Here's hoping the final model will be different...

Sayajin 10-29-2008 09:48 PM

Do we have an expected release date for the Touch Pro for VZW? I ask because I was planning to purchase a Sprint Version at full retail once the Elite Team cracked the Roms and created software, but if I can wait 3 weeks and pay half price, I think I would rather wait. (only if the VZW version is uncrippled of course.)

-Sayajin

criticalaudioinc 10-29-2008 10:22 PM

My apologies for the delay internet was down at work.

Information on the demo Model

After viewing the demo model provided from sprint the Processor is qualcomm 7500 and memory 128mb, I was also unable to locate the G sensor Software. From this information from the demo model the VZW version looks to be crippled. But no threat Discussing this VZW has requested a test model from them with Upgraded features of there design. So its still possible for the VZW model not to be crippled. I will be discussing this with them further this week and there design should be completed next week so I will attempt to obtain the specs for that for you all.