PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Crappy OEM Touch Pro case

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcpa View Post
In regards to cases, the reason I want a very secure case is that

A.: The device is very expensive and I don't want to have to replace it because it fell on the floor
B.: The phone serves as both my cell and my pager vial text messaging so it is important to me to be able to access it easily
C.: I have about 700 bux worth of referrence programs on the device that I refer to daily so again, I have a substantial investment on that 8 GB MicroSD card
D.: Not to mention the GPS software

I have so far only received the cases I ordered from PDair. I hate the aluminum case since it is very awkward, but it holds the device securely on the belt clip. I also got the PDair leather flip type case and it is a total waste of money. First of all it has a very weak snap and the tab with the snap is not big enough to reach without it hitting the screen each time you close it and the Touch Pro is held in place by virtue of sliding the keyboard into a plastic sleeve that makes using the keyboard very difficult.

I am looking at several others that are out there.

For the original poster, if you have not already check out: Proporta, Piel Frama, Noreve, Krussell. The Bando case mentioned in an earlier post appears identical to the PDair flip type leather case.

Finally, for what it is worth, I think for 700 plus dollars HTC could include a 1/2 way decent case that is usable with the device. Just my 2 cents.
Did your laptop include a case? This isn't like HTC skimped. No Treo I have purchased included a case, that I can recall. Geeze. This is ridiculious. They are a cell phone manufacturer, do you think they've got a fab or leaher shop behind the building. Get off it. Ungrateful asses. Don't buy it.

THIS IS FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO MAY WaNT A SWEET CASE IN THE FUTURE.

PLEASE DON'T BUY THE PHONE FOR IT'S CASE. BUY IT BECAUSE YOU LIKE THE PHONE.

Christ, is it really that difficult?
Old 11-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Any good sites for docks and accessories yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketPcUser View Post
Please edit your post, and indicate what item exactly you were referring to... It will make it a lot easier.
Thanks!
I believe he is referring to this case http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...oryID=ZCH6855R
Old 11-02-2008, 10:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmarioce View Post
Hi, do you have the TP from Sprint??? Does this dock has a slot to charge an extra battery at the same time??

Thanks

Mario
yes it does
Old 11-02-2008, 10:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool8man View Post

Can the eforcity cradle charge the phone itself from the wall charger or does it only use that for the extended battery?

I wouldn't want to have to always charge the phone from the USB port since it is so much slower than charging from an electrical outlet.
i plugged it in and since i dont have a extra batttery yet i cant test if they are filled but it will charge the phone by itself if ac is used
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

shadowhawk2021 is becoming a great contributor

Anyone know where I can get a new headphone adapter with charger? I think I have already lost mine. (Damn them for not putting it on the phone)
Old 11-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jaggrey is keeping up the good workjaggrey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jaggrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodde View Post
Can you post a picture?
Old 11-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

I have tried many cases... The centro and the BB Pearl are too tight to fit.

The plastic/rubber case from sprint I like enough to be currently using. The S1 clip attachment works with their car mount system, and I used it all weekend driving.

Also the case takes alot of the play/slop out of the keyboard, so that is a bonus, as well as making the phone less slippery. The negatives are that is makes the phone larger, but it still fits in a pocket, and the rubber grip coating while makes it easier to hold and protects the phone, makes it difficult to remove from a pocket because it grips my pocket material... So wearing the clip is a better option for me.

And yes, it comes with a blank plate so you can remove the clip. My wife commented on the case and said she liked it... I would rather have a nice leather case, but the phone was slippery to me, and the car mount are both positives I cannot ignore...

P.S. It also makes the phone more stealth and ruggedized, no more chrome and champaign, if that is your thing...

Last edited by Insoc; 11-03-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

alexrud is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman73 View Post
I believe he is referring to this case http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...oryID=ZCH6855R
Yesterday I ordered the Sprint case (shown in the link above and the added picture) and I should have it in a few days. When it arrives i'll post some pics and a small review.
Attached Images
File Type: gif zch6855r_l.gif (15.2 KB, 100 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by alexrud; 11-03-2008 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Added picture of case
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

baconrules is a n00b
Re: I keep my TP in my pocket.

I keep it in my pocket. Used to have the Mogul, it was bulkier for sure... The smaller form factor of the Touch Pro seems to fit better. I'm still looking for a good case for this beast. Hopefully Seidio will come out with something soon...
Old 11-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
Re: I keep my TP in my pocket.

imho opinion any sort of case no matter how thin might compromise the use of the flush screen therefore making it harder to activate the extremes of the touch screen. I was looking for something inconspicuous. This adhesive here claims to do the trick but I haven't tried it before. Has anyone tried it? http://www.bodyguardz.com/HTC_Phones_s/72.htm

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro