PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: Tethering registry hacks for the Sprint Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifter View Post
Just as I posted in another thread, I have a really hard time with bate n switch. Hey, lets create an app thats totally free intended for free use by the phone community, then when everyone starts using it and cant live without it start charging for it. Riiiight. There are a ton of other users that donate time and efforts on multiple other software for the phone community and they never take it commercial. They rely on donations. They get my money, corporate greed does not and will never get a dime of mine.
What about Sprint? You paid them and best buy for your touch pro, feeding their corporate greed.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

docangle is becoming a great contributor
Re: ICS Tethering registry hacks for the Sprint Touch Pro

USBModem is also good to use if you are using the Mac OSX or Linux, as they will not work with the built-in ICS over USB (They will work using Bluetooth W/ICS) even though I cannot get Bluetooth PAN working on my Mac as it will disconnect the connection when you try to open a web browser (actually start to transfer data.) What is odd is my wife's Touch Diamond has no problems with ICS Bluetooth PAN and the Mac, so I beleive that something is going on with the Bluetooth driver stack used on the HTC Touch Pro.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRacR17 View Post
i'm considering buying wmwifirouter, but I am wondering if I would be able to use it on two phones, seeing how I have two smart phones. I dont feel like paying 60 bucks to have two copies for two phones. Anyone know if that would be the case?
For private use yes you can use the one liscense on your two devices

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
Old 10-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Elite Team Member

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifter View Post
Just as I posted in another thread, I have a really hard time with bate n switch. Hey, lets create an app thats totally free intended for free use by the phone community, then when everyone starts using it and cant live without it start charging for it. Riiiight. There are a ton of other users that donate time and efforts on multiple other software for the phone community and they never take it commercial. They rely on donations. They get my money, corporate greed does not and will never get a dime of mine.
The problem with this is that he literally has spent hunderds of hours on this. It started as a basic project that eveolved into a full time job. If donations were enough that he could cover his bases off of them Im sure he would have left it as a donation ware app. Unfortunately there was only like 200 worth of donations over the many months. He is constantly improving the app and working out bugs with any device there is. This is not a case of corperate greed but just needing to pay the bills
Old 10-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Elite Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
I agree with this sentiment. I would probably bite the bullet and purchase it if it was $15-20 though
Please note that it did start at $20 but the USD has bombed so bad that the price went up solely on that fact.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steb0ne is becoming a great contributor

$30 is too much IMO. those type prices is what makes people pirate stuff
Old 10-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Elite Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post
$30 is too much IMO. those type prices is what makes people pirate stuff
raise the value of the USD then the price will drop Also its about $25 now based on the exchange rate

Last edited by AstainHellbring; 10-29-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have to say I agree with AstainHellbring. I've followed the app from its very first version, and Chainfire has put a tremendous amount of work into it. He deserves to be compensated. I like donationware too, but lets face it, 99.9% of the people that use a piece of software will never make a donation if you leave it up to them. What's the point, when it is so easy to make petty excuses and just pirate what you want. I make it a point to support the developers that I appreciate...A_C, Chainfire, No2Chem, the Elite group, etc.

It's not corporate greed if an entrepreneur creates something of value and decides to seek profit from it. And it's not bait-and-switch if he decides that new versions, with new features, that require new investments of time will no longer follow the donationware model. There was a lot of time between WMWiFiRouter's initial release and when it went commercial after v.91, and Chainfire made it a point to give free licenses to all prior donators. Enough of the childish name calling and bashing valued members of the community. Take it as a lesson to actively support the donationware that exists today.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

rageouss is becoming a great contributor
Question Re: ICS Tethering registry hacks for the Sprint Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by docangle View Post
USBModem is also good to use if you are using the Mac OSX or Linux, as they will not work with the built-in ICS over USB (They will work using Bluetooth W/ICS) even though I cannot get Bluetooth PAN working on my Mac as it will disconnect the connection when you try to open a web browser (actually start to transfer data.) What is odd is my wife's Touch Diamond has no problems with ICS Bluetooth PAN and the Mac, so I beleive that something is going on with the Bluetooth driver stack used on the HTC Touch Pro.
docangle,
any luck getting the ICS Bluetooth PAN to work on the TP with a Mac?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

kaiguy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by docangle View Post
I'm having the same problem. I came from the Diamond and tethering via bluetooth and my MBP worked perfectly. Setting it up exactly the same way on the Pro, and it disconnects after a few seconds of opening up a webpage. It's a shame because I need to use ICS from time to time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro