PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 10:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

iconeo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
capacitive dpad replacement

Alllrighty, I hate making a new thread but I think I must!

My capacitive dpad is not working correctly on my HTC Touch Pro from Sprint. I took it all apart and cleaned it up but it still is all funky. I'm thinking maybe some raindrops got into it or something. Anyhoo, I CANNOT find a place to purchase a replacement part for this. Can anyone please direct me to someone who carries the part. I don't wanna buy a "whole parts phone" just for the dpad.

Side note: I took the phone to sprint to fix it and when they gave it back to me and told me it was gonna cost 119 bux to fix it was missing 2 screws when I checked it myself. Also, they never even bothered to clean under the dpad, they just checked the connection between the two body parts i believe.

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Re: capacitive dpad replacement

Well let me know if you fixed this or not.
Depending on my next bill (I should get it in 2-3 weeks), I will know if they are charging me for my old tp1 as they replaced it with a tp2 but didn't mention sending the old one back in. If that is the case, I'd be willing to piece it out to people for free, they might have to pay shipping if I can't at the time, but I don't see why I can't. It was more of a disclaimer lol.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

iconeo is just getting started
Re: capacitive dpad replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
Well let me know if you fixed this or not.
Depending on my next bill (I should get it in 2-3 weeks), I will know if they are charging me for my old tp1 as they replaced it with a tp2 but didn't mention sending the old one back in. If that is the case, I'd be willing to piece it out to people for free, they might have to pay shipping if I can't at the time, but I don't see why I can't. It was more of a disclaimer lol.
Hey thanks man. I still haven't been able to find a supplier as of yet...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
broken, capacitive, dpad