PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kyocera 7135 < Blackberry 8250 < 6700 < 6800 < 6850
Carrier: Alltel

vestaviajag is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vestaviajag
Re: buggy touch pro? or is this normal?

I think what you are specifically looking for, maybe another Alltel user whom has got a Touch Pro in the last week or 2, like you. This is just a guess, but...

I got my Alltel Touch Pro last weekend. I love it. I haven't had many issues with it, the only one being the storage card disappearing, but that was an easy fix as the TP uses that "Activesync or Disk Drive" option.

As far as performance, hands down it destroys my Apache and Mogul. The stock ROM is stable, I've maybe soft reset the phone 3 times total since I've got it. I'm running a lot of 3rd party stuff too, Garmin, Google, Beejive, Pandora, games and a ton of pictures and music.

I know this doesn't help your situation, but my Alltel Touch Pro works flawlessly, and it's on a stock rom. Maybe it's your area Alltel batch that is buggy. Hope this helps. Sorry
Old 02-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Touch Pro Reviews

Threads merged.

late,
Coz
Old 02-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

kyle4269
Quote:
I am not experiencing any of those problems with mine. I would bring it back again and this time try and get a new one not a referb.
These are brand new Touch Pros, not refurbs.

Quote:
I think what you are specifically looking for, maybe another Alltel user whom has got a Touch Pro in the last week or 2, like you. This is just a guess, but...

I got my Alltel Touch Pro last weekend. I love it. I haven't had many issues with it, the only one being the storage card disappearing, but that was an easy fix as the TP uses that "Activesync or Disk Drive" option.

As far as performance, hands down it destroys my Apache and Mogul. The stock ROM is stable, I've maybe soft reset the phone 3 times total since I've got it. I'm running a lot of 3rd party stuff too, Garmin, Google, Beejive, Pandora, games and a ton of pictures and music.

I know this doesn't help your situation, but my Alltel Touch Pro works flawlessly, and it's on a stock rom. Maybe it's your area Alltel batch that is buggy. Hope this helps. Sorry
Could you please look in PST and tell me your Manufacture date? Mine now is Jan 29th 2009, and I'm pretty certain the first one was too. I talked to my Alltel rep today and asked him if he had seen many problems with them, he said when they first came out, there was a short wave of returns for random glitches simliar to mine, but none since then. But I do know that all of the TP's they have now, and since I got my first one last week, came in on the same shipment.

I think I'm gonna try the store across town and see what happens. I feel like I'm naggin them a little, but its just too much money to not be totally happy with.

Oh, and last but not least, I've only had the phone for a week, and haven't reallly had time to get totally eduacated about it yet. But, if I do decide to unlock and flash, is it currently possible to relock and flash back to the stock Alltel ROM? I know for awhile with the Vogue, Verizon couldnt do it because no ROM updates had been released. I hope that is not the case here.

Thanks alot guys for helpin me out with this btw.

Alltel / Verizon
Old 02-19-2009, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kyocera 7135 < Blackberry 8250 < 6700 < 6800 < 6850

vestaviajag is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vestaviajag

Quote:
Could you please look in PST and tell me your Manufacture date? Mine now is Jan 29th 2009, and I'm pretty certain the first one was too. I talked to my Alltel rep today and asked him if he had seen many problems with them, he said when they first came out, there was a short wave of returns for random glitches simliar to mine, but none since then. But I do know that all of the TP's they have now, and since I got my first one last week, came in on the same shipment.

I think I'm gonna try the store across town and see what happens. I feel like I'm naggin them a little, but its just too much money to not be totally happy with.

Oh, and last but not least, I've only had the phone for a week, and haven't reallly had time to get totally eduacated about it yet. But, if I do decide to unlock and flash, is it currently possible to relock and flash back to the stock Alltel ROM? I know for awhile with the Vogue, Verizon couldnt do it because no ROM updates had been released. I hope that is not the case here.

Thanks alot guys for helpin me out with this btw.

My Manufactures Date : 29-Jan-2009

So maybe it's not the batch. Dumb question, but did you hard reset as soon as you got it activated? I never did that with my Titan and it always acted funny, so I remembered to do it with my Pro, and it's been smooth sailing so far, of course my SD card is acting up right now, but I think that has to do with me playing music through the car stereo directly and not with anything else.

There is an Alltel stock rom around here someplace, or at least I thought I saw it.

My rom is...
ROM: 1.05.671.4
Radio: 1.03.16F
PRL: 30035
CE OS: 2.2.19972 (Build 19972.1.2.7)

Hope this helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

Thanks for your help man, although i was hoping the dates would be different. I called the store across town and am going to trade this one in tonight hopefully. Keep your fingers crossed for me I guess.

Oh and yes I have hard reset both of them severeal times, in fact the last time i reset this one, it made me go through setup, rebooted and froze, wouldnt boot like 4 times, then ran setup again.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I went and got another replacement from the other location last night, and I think this one is the cream of the crop. It's got a 1-30-09 build date, but the rep pointed out something on the side of the box. The new good one had a B3 stamp on the side next to the esn bar code, while the old one had a B2. She claims that this is some kind of batch number, and that the other store must not sell as many and may have been sitting on them longer. I don't know if that is true, or if it even particularly makes sense considering the build dates of the two phones.

The only thing I care about is I finally got a device worth 400 bucks out of my pocket. There were no doubt to me now that the others were messed up in some way.

Thanks again for the help from everyone.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Kris xK is a n00b

Been playing with my HTC Touch Pro for about a week now.

So far I love it, but I have been having annoying technical issues with data related activities, namely Email (gmail doesnt want to update) txting (sometimes it stops recieving txts and has to be restarted. In addition, sometimes it won't load up the inbox at all) and internet (says no connection, have to restart).

However, Im confident that Ill be able to overcome these issues, and continue to enjoy the Touch Pro..
Old 02-24-2009, 06:22 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Touch Pro update - Star Date: T+1 Month. Capitan's log: supplemental

Most of the "Essentials" tips were followed.
Many additional hacks were done.

I have finally achieved stability and happiness all around with the TP.

Calls ring reasonably quickly, caller can be heard, phone can be answered, etc.

Updated radio to 1.11, updated PRI to 1.53_003, PRL still at 60650. Still on stock sprint rom.

Tweaks (beyond the essentials) that made a difference include using TF3d HD, using the latest Opera (both found here at PPCGeeks - latest Opera HUGELY better for browsing)

Apps that make it work better include touchlockpro for locking and g-alarm for alarms.

Battery life is tolerable. I make it through a typical day at around 50% battery. Lower then I am used to, but not impossible.

Looking forward to the TP2 TF3d port!
Old 03-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gatordawgs is a n00b

Got my TP today, so I'm still trying to figure it out. So far I love it, though TF seems to be a bit sensitive for my ham-fisted ways.

Digi:
"The new good one had a B3 stamp on the side next to the esn bar code, while the old one had a B2. She claims that this is some kind of batch number, and that the other store must not sell as many and may have been sitting on them longer."

I mentioned this to the sales associate at my Alltel store, and she told me that they stamp them with a code for the week they receive them -- which is what this is. Mine is also a B4 baby; next week's receipts will be B5. So, pretty much confirmation that your old store had more on-hand than the new store (they're required to rotate stock forward, of course.)
Old 03-10-2009, 05:41 AM
Lurker

pancake is a n00b

HTC TOUCH PRO

negative: memory card is located inside the battery cover, and if you have a hard case thats 2 covers you have to remove to get at the micro card. no shortcut programable button like the PPC 6800 had (very disapoined) this is looking like an ipod. lol I remember my ipod. back back back foward, scroll down "shuffle!"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro