PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Time to Order (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40718)

evilecho 10-19-2008 01:08 AM

Re: Time to Order

looks like all the other phones my contact said would launch did except for the pro.. Rant, Lotus, and the Highnote..

[sammich] 10-19-2008 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr8820 (Post 464047)
i bet the the person in charge of putting it up is probably rofl because i'm sure sprint got like 300,000 emails in the last hour!

I think its automated... but still.

That guy would probably be following this thread. He'd wait for all of us to give up THEN post it on the site... lol

Baffles 10-19-2008 01:08 AM

I dunno, I called telesales at about 8pm EST, and I got some nice lady who said the Touch Pro was listed on her screen, it just wouldn't allow orders to be placed yet. I asked her to ask her supervisor for launch info and the supervisor still stuck to a 19th release and I was told to call back at when telesales opens tomorrow after 9AM CST to order.

Dr.8820 10-19-2008 01:09 AM

what i love about this site is i came here first before i went to sprint.com.my fellow ppcgeekers will let me know when it's time.goodnight all!

land2634 10-19-2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauske (Post 464045)
I got through at 12:59 and telesales told me that no they will not have it until 11/2. then she tried to get me to buy another touch screen phone:angry7:

Yeah I have no problem with the device being delayed, but Sprint certainly didn't help themselves by posting a news release. They wonder why their customer satisfaction ratings aren't that high, thing like this build and go a long ways towards building your company image.

zagguru 10-19-2008 01:09 AM

hope ur rite

imcoolerthanyouare77 10-19-2008 01:09 AM

I think since the Highnote, Rant, and Lotus are all there, but the Pro isn't, then we're all SOL. Gonna go find something constructive to do, might check back in an hour, but I'm done with the breath-holding

Baffles 10-19-2008 01:13 AM

Quote:

The expected launch date of HTC Pro is October 19, 2008. However, I can not comment on the availability date of this handset at our warehouse.
I just received that email forwarded from my contact at ecare who told me he'd email me the latest as soon as he heard it tonight. So as of his higher ups, that's still their official word.

tpmwr 10-19-2008 01:19 AM

I got a feeling they may offer it via telesales tomorrow for the people who know to ask for it, but for the regular customers browsing the website they'll wait till Nov 2. It's a good way to not piss off the people that are all hyped and ready for the release date while not running out of supply at first with people who just notice it on the site. Or atleast i hope thats the gameplan.

Baffles 10-19-2008 01:23 AM

All I know is I personally haven't heard anything aside from "I don't know" or "October 19th" from anyone at Sprint, so I'm still holding out hope. I'll call tomorrow morning when they open and see what they say.