PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO baby

younghov718 is keeping up the good workyounghov718 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprint set to unveil htc touch pro& diamond today?

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...&intsrc=kc_top
September 4, 2008 (Computerworld) Sprint Nextel Corp. plans to unveil the HTC Corp. Touch Diamond and the HTC Touch Pro, both running the new Windows Mobile 6.1 operating system, on Wednesday at the CTIA trade show in San Francisco, according to news reports.

HTC announced the Diamond in May, noting its capability for 3G networks, and shipped the device in Europe and parts of Asia, according to Microsoft officials. Next week's launch would be its first appearance in the U.S.

The actual shipping date and other details about cost and specifications were not discussed by Sprint, although news reports have put the cost of the Diamond at $250 after a $100 rebate, with a two-year contract.

HTC's Touch Diamond smart phone offers a touch screen and 3G technology.
Some reviews have called the Diamond a competitor to Apple Inc.'s iPhone, primarily for its touch-creen capability. The screen is 2.8 inches, smaller than the 3.5 inch iPhone, and the Diamond has haptics technology to give the user tactile feedback (a slight buzz) when a touch is made. It measures 4 x 2 x .6 inches and weights 4.1 ounces.
But one early review by The Wall Street Journal's Katherine Boerhret notes that the real success of the iPhone is the software, and not the touchs creen. But she said the Diamond suffers from the "frustrating interface of Windows Mobile" and said even its touch capabilities "didn't work as well as they should."

The Diamond's browser is based on the Opera browsing engine, and Web sites opened with the Diamond don't appear the same as they would on a PC, a feature allowed with the iPhone, Boerhret noted.

Last edited by younghov718; 09-04-2008 at 05:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Thumbs up Re: sprint set to unveil htc touch pro& diamond today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghov718 View Post
http://www.computerworld.com/action/...&intsrc=kc_top
September 4, 2008 (Computerworld) Sprint Nextel Corp. plans to unveil the HTC Corp. Touch Diamond and the HTC Touch Pro, both running the new Windows Mobile 6.1 operating system, on Wednesday at the CTIA trade show in San Francisco, according to news reports.

HTC announced the Diamond in May, noting its capability for 3G networks, and shipped the device in Europe and parts of Asia, according to Microsoft officials. Next week's launch would be its first appearance in the U.S.

The actual shipping date and other details about cost and specifications were not discussed by Sprint, although news reports have put the cost of the Diamond at $250 after a $100 rebate, with a two-year contract.

HTC's Touch Diamond smart phone offers a touch screen and 3G technology.
Some reviews have called the Diamond a competitor to Apple Inc.'s iPhone, primarily for its touch-creen capability. The screen is 2.8 inches, smaller than the 3.5 inch iPhone, and the Diamond has haptics technology to give the user tactile feedback (a slight buzz) when a touch is made. It measures 4 x 2 x .6 inches and weights 4.1 ounces.
But one early review by The Wall Street Journal's Katherine Boerhret notes that the real success of the iPhone is the software, and not the touchs creen. But she said the Diamond suffers from the "frustrating interface of Windows Mobile" and said even its touch capabilities "didn't work as well as they should."

The Diamond's browser is based on the Opera browsing engine, and Web sites opened with the Diamond don't appear the same as they would on a PC, a feature allowed with the iPhone, Boerhret noted.
Thanks for the info
Old 09-04-2008, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cordodor is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to cordodor
Re: sprint set to unveil htc touch pro& diamond today?

w00t! lookin forward to pics of the pro.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cordodor is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to cordodor

oh, but it's not today, it's next wednesday... -sigh-
Old 09-04-2008, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO baby
Threadstarter

younghov718 is keeping up the good workyounghov718 is keeping up the good work

yea i caught on to it to late. i hope the pro comes out exactly 1 month after the diamond. they should just release both on the same day,
http://www.ctia.org/

Last edited by younghov718; 09-04-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Talking Re: sprint set to unveil htc touch pro& diamond today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghov718 View Post
yea i caught on to it to late. i hope the pro comes out exactly 1 month after the diamond. they should just release both on the same day,
http://www.ctia.org/
I rather it come out on the 19th that's right on time for me but if it dropped tomorrow I would still have the pro lol so it wouldn't even matter but come on viva la oct 19th
Old 09-04-2008, 09:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
I rather it come out on the 19th that's right on time for me but if it dropped tomorrow I would still have the pro lol so it wouldn't even matter but come on viva la oct 19th
Heck yes! I hope there's no additional delay on that 19th release date for the Touch Pro.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Talking Re: sprint set to unveil htc touch pro& diamond today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Heck yes! I hope there's no additional delay on that 19th release date for the Touch Pro.
Haha me and you been protesting that oct 19th release date since we heard it. Hope sprint sticks to it!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
Haha me and you been protesting that oct 19th release date since we heard it. Hope sprint sticks to it!!!
Hahaha...yup. As far as I'm concerned, the Diamond errors/issues they've been running into are a good thing for Touch Pro owners (cuz they should be worked out by the time the Touch Pro releases)!

Either way, I'm all for setbacks if it means I'm going to be purchasing a phone that I won't have to worry about at all.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

madman16420 is keeping up the good workmadman16420 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to madman16420

nice find

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro