PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   CDMA Bell programming the tp pro phone? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127960)

Pyroman 07-07-2010 05:31 PM

CDMA Bell programming the tp pro phone?

so here is my issue: just got this htc tough pro its got the EnergyROM installed on it

I am with Bell on a contract, and I already went through the bell website to change the phone. So the TP is added to my account, i got the lock code, and according to the bell website it states to punch in ##12345# (12345 being my lock code). after typing that in it should take me to the screen with the MDN menu to add in my phone number.

well typing in that ##lockcode# doesn't start anything.
someone told me that custom ROM's may have a diff way of programming the phone.

Any ideas? new here pls help in layman's terms

Adrianh85 07-07-2010 05:53 PM

Re: CDMA Bell programming the tp pro phone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyroman (Post 1855273)
so here is my issue: just got this htc tough pro its got the EnergyROM installed on it

I am with Bell on a contract, and I already went through the bell website to change the phone. So the TP is added to my account, i got the lock code, and according to the bell website it states to punch in ##12345# (12345 being my lock code). after typing that in it should take me to the screen with the MDN menu to add in my phone number.

well typing in that ##lockcode# doesn't start anything.
someone told me that custom ROM's may have a diff way of programming the phone.

Any ideas? new here pls help in layman's terms

try #778## or ##778# or just use qpst freeware program to do all programing

arrrghhh 07-07-2010 07:30 PM

I have noticed some ROMs that have issues with the ## codes. May want to flash back to stock until you can get the device working on your account, then flash a ROM. One step at a time, y'know!

Pyroman 07-07-2010 07:37 PM

tried those # codes as well didnt work, will try the qpst as well later on today

Pyroman 07-07-2010 07:38 PM

and eventually i will just set up a clean rom, or at least one that i know works, just wanted to leave that for last option

Pyroman 07-07-2010 11:51 PM

Sorry guys i may need some more help, so i got the QPST program .. installed it ... no clue! looked at it like at a wall. Any help with that?
i thought it may have been because of the energy ROM, so i picked up a simple basic ROM from this site. still ##lockcode# doesn't work.

i would love to leave the option of flashing to stock bell rom to the very last resort!
can anyone get me some intruction on that qpst? i see it has a bunch of apps to start with, and then a load of options within each app. Any kind of guide please. if not i will just flash it back to stock, cross my fingers and hope i don't brick it.

thanks a lot for the current responses and really appreciate any new ones, im a newbie guys so i appreciate it.

Adrianh85 07-08-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyroman (Post 1855789)
Sorry guys i may need some more help, so i got the QPST program .. installed it ... no clue! looked at it like at a wall. Any help with that?
i thought it may have been because of the energy ROM, so i picked up a simple basic ROM from this site. still ##lockcode# doesn't work.

i would love to leave the option of flashing to stock bell rom to the very last resort!
can anyone get me some intruction on that qpst? i see it has a bunch of apps to start with, and then a load of options within each app. Any kind of guide please. if not i will just flash it back to stock, cross my fingers and hope i don't brick it.

thanks a lot for the current responses and really appreciate any new ones, im a newbie guys so i appreciate it.

to have ur phone noticed by qpst u have to have ur phone in diag mode the code is usally #3424# or ##3424# (#diag#)
the # codes should work on all HTC devices but the rom u are using must also have the correct string to the right program for it to run the command!! the program is found most of the time in the windows folder!!

arrrghhh 07-08-2010 11:44 AM

Why wouldn't you just flash the stock ROM? No different than flashing any other ROM which you seem to be doing regularly...

Pyroman 07-08-2010 02:59 PM

Thank you everyone for you input!! Did manage to finally activate it! did flash it back to stock bell ROM and it worked after like the 3-4th try lol. i don't know why i was under the impression that the phone must be relocked in order to set up the bell stock rom. Wasn't the case, finally works, thank you all for your inputs. as for the qpst i may play around with that see whats its all about! thanx again!

Adrianh85 07-08-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyroman (Post 1856720)
Thank you everyone for you input!! Did manage to finally activate it! did flash it back to stock bell ROM and it worked after like the 3-4th try lol. i don't know why i was under the impression that the phone must be relocked in order to set up the bell stock rom. Wasn't the case, finally works, thank you all for your inputs. as for the qpst i may play around with that see whats its all about! thanx again!

pm me and i can help walk u threw connecting (also may do a walk threw and video guilde)