PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 11:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC TouchPro
Carrier: Flashed to Cricket

saxet is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Radio & TV on a flashed Cricket Touch Pro?

Looking at softwear for my new/flashed TP for radio & TV but don't really know if using Cricket on a flashed phone will work. Anybody tried this?

Thanks
Old 11-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham
Re: Radio & TV on a flashed Cricket Touch Pro?

I'm not on Cricket, so I could be way off here, but from what I understand Cricket makes you route all your data usage thru a proxy server, which blocks anything that's not seen as web usage (i.e. on Port 80, the standard web port). So, if whatever Internet TV or Radio apps you find will have to go thru port 80 in order to work.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC TouchPro
Carrier: Flashed to Cricket
Threadstarter

saxet is a n00b

BRIGHAM:

Thanks for your reply. My computer has been in the shop for a couple of days or I would have responded sooner.

SAXET
Old 11-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you can use proxycap to bypass the ports.

WebTV works for me without proxycap. you can download it over at XDA
Old 11-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

as former touch pro user on cricket, you will find that crickets net speed can't handle a stream of video. you can use tuned.mobi for radio. suggest internet toggle 1.2 to switch to PIE instead of ie6. some radio stations are cell phone/pda only and wont show link in ie6 also last free version of core player as some streams are aac,mp3, and other non-media player format.

Last edited by jpwhre; 11-19-2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: first try on opera 10.1 and finding on screan keyboard not to responsive.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

alfredo-x is keeping up the good workalfredo-x is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetvito View Post
you can use proxycap to bypass the ports.

WebTV works for me without proxycap. you can download it over at XDA
is that so? i've never tried it, has anyone confirmed this works? because that sounds like something i would really freakin need so that i can finally access my e-mail directly on my phone rather than having to go directly to the hotmail mobile website everytime...
Old 01-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredo-x View Post
is that so? i've never tried it, has anyone confirmed this works? because that sounds like something i would really freakin need so that i can finally access my e-mail directly on my phone rather than having to go directly to the hotmail mobile website everytime...
If you are talking about proxi cap the answer is yes it works. But it is not free there is a thread on HoFo about it. With instructions on how to set it up and use it.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Almost a VIP

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

i would really hate to be the one to point this out but....... tv wont do your email...... going to tools in mms/sms in the settings will let you set up your email and it wont be push mail unless you set up the imap cab (wich sucks for cricket since it sends 2 msg push and rest you have to go online and check and cricket kills your net connection after 30 min). i was big on cricket, but omfg does it suck. the mpeg tv is just an app and unless you have the vids on you device or sd card, it is not really tv. it is just an app that lets you veiw the vids on your sd card that windows video player will let you watch. you can pay $20 for the same app that is already on your device (windows media player or tcpmp which you can download for free) but it wont fix your mms.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

alfredo-x is keeping up the good workalfredo-x is keeping up the good work

can anyone provide a link to show you how to configure proxycap on cricket??

i already have it and have been unable to make it work...
Old 02-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Almost a VIP

have you checked the cricket pda/data device forum of hofo?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro