PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint TV cab *NEW downloads* WM 6.5 & Sense! Video+ TV Out, Free Disney/Sprint (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101089)

teradog 12-10-2009 06:40 PM

Re: Sprint TV 100% Working!

Never back, only forward. I've done at least 50 different ROM's & versions of them as well as many kitchens. Thanks, but I'm well aware of how to make that POS sprint tv cab work... but am not going back. I'm trying to determine:
1. If someone has it working & is slow to share (on the new sys)
2. If not, look into the TP2 fix & determine exactly how & why it works, and try to do the same on the TP.. I'm guessing there are more than a few of us out there that want it. If it's only a matter of the new WVGA cab and not all the other stuff as some seem to be reporting... then I'm still SOL. But, if it has something to do with the text files, then it's a possibility.
3. I've "live(d) without SprintTV" for a he77 of a long time now. And I quote, "no big deal, but..".
Re. upgrade.. I have insurance... I'm sure trusty old TP will break sometime, but I won't "use" the system & won't cause the breakage.

Gelladuga69 12-10-2009 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I use this on EnergyROM, and it works fine.

abrigham 12-10-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gelladuga69 (Post 1403360)

Thanks for the CAB. However, according to your signature, you're using an EnergyROM that's running a 21xxx build. The concern is getting SprintTV running on the 23xxx or 28xxx builds of WinMo, which from what I understand has not been successful.

Still worth a shot, though, I suppose.

teradog 12-10-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gelladuga69 (Post 1403360)

Thanks, have had that one since 2008.
Lemmmme guess Energy 21884 or older (21xxx) right?
Your start button is on top left & x button on top right correct?

Again, the fix most of us are looking for (given up on) is the 23xxx or 28xxx line. *(edit fat fingered)

Perhaps I should simplify: Anyone have Sprint TV cab running on any ROM with the "windows button" on the bottom left & the X button on bottom right?

If so, please share! Thanks in advance!!

** sorry Abrigham, must have been posting at same time **

x10guy 12-10-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teradog (Post 1403306)
Never back, only forward. I've done at least 50 different ROM's & versions of them as well as many kitchens. Thanks, but I'm well aware of how to make that POS sprint tv cab work... but am not going back. I'm trying to determine:
1. If someone has it working & is slow to share (on the new sys)
2. If not, look into the TP2 fix & determine exactly how & why it works, and try to do the same on the TP.. I'm guessing there are more than a few of us out there that want it. If it's only a matter of the new WVGA cab and not all the other stuff as some seem to be reporting... then I'm still SOL. But, if it has something to do with the text files, then it's a possibility.
3. I've "live(d) without SprintTV" for a he77 of a long time now. And I quote, "no big deal, but..".
Re. upgrade.. I have insurance... I'm sure trusty old TP will break sometime, but I won't "use" the system & won't cause the breakage.

sorry didn't mean to upset you.... I really do hope you get it working.

abrigham 12-10-2009 07:56 PM

Ok, so I just tried the cab posted previously by Gelladuga69, just on a whim, and as I suspected, it doesn't work. The program loads fine but I get a connection error when I try to play a video. Now, this is my first time trying to get SprintTV working on a custom ROM (rarely have a need for it, but thought I'd give it a shot...). Is this the typical problem?

I'm running a custom built ROM from Calkulin's 4.2 kitchen w/ build 23506. Also cooked in Manila 2.5

x10guy 12-10-2009 08:28 PM

It seems that SprintTV is broken on 23xxx TP ROMs or to put it another way, ROMs with the Start Menu on the bottom.

Gelladuga69 12-10-2009 08:43 PM

Before I switched back to Energy, I was using NFSFan, and his build is on 28008.
The TV cab that I posted still worked.

i2nd2none 12-10-2009 09:41 PM

not necessarily broken..currently running rootrom 1209 version 23506 and sprint tv is working on his rom that is cooked in. Might want to ask root on how or what he did to make sprint tv to work. I ran it on my tp as well as a coworker running same rom. hope that helps..i to am a fan of sprint tv and also wondered if there is a fix? gl

ShortBusCandid8 12-10-2009 09:43 PM

I'm using Sprint TV with DCD's latest, 2.30, which I believe is a 23081 build according to "Device Information". I installed the SprintTV cab (same one posted above), then "Calkulin's Sprint TV Fix", and restarted, and it's been working for a couple weeks fine.