PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

cuppa-coffee is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rookie question:

is the Alltel HERMAN and the ALLTEL Raphael the same thing? When I look for the original stock upgrade for the TP, I see HERMAN alot instead of Raphael. My phone is the RAPH800 with Alltel and i'm not sure if a HERMAN rom will work. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Re: Rookie question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppa-coffee View Post
is the Alltel HERMAN and the ALLTEL Raphael the same thing? When I look for the original stock upgrade for the TP, I see HERMAN alot instead of Raphael. My phone is the RAPH800 with Alltel and i'm not sure if a HERMAN rom will work. Thanks in advance for the help.
herman is the cdma verison of the gsm raphael!! You can only use rom made for raph800
Do not flash your phone with a rom, or radio from the raphael it will brick your device!!!

Last edited by Adrianh85; 12-10-2009 at 04:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfreier View Post
um dude where are you getting your info? The GSM touch pro is called the "FUZE" and the CDMA touch pro is called "RAPHAEL." Specifically the Sprint Touch Pro is called "HERMAN" but is also a CDMA phone so to answer the question yes HERMAN/RAPHAEL are the same thing... and either will work as Alltel is CDMA also.
he got his info where you obviously need to look LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HERMAN = cdma
RAPHEAL = gsm

your so wrong i cant quit laughing..........hey coffee take sfreier advice and watch how your phone turns into the most expensive paper weight you ever bought lol

props go to Adrianh85 for giving the right advice and trying to save someone from screwing their phone up beyond repair

Last edited by Straitup27; 12-10-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

cuppa-coffee is a n00b

thanks. when i check the details of the phone it tells me my phone is:

ROM Version: 1.05.671.4
ROM Date: 10/9/08
Model No.: RAPH800
Carrier is Alltel

I saw the RAPH and assumed it was the Raphael version. I'm trying to find the newer ROM for the TP and am having no luck. All the support from HTC and Alltel's sites are gone. I'm struggling trying to decipher through all the forums on here too.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

As others have stated RAPH800 (Sprint, Alltel, poss others) and RAPH500 (the VZW version) = Hermann. All are CDMA devices. However, there a lot of custom ROMs out there that still call it Raphael. The main thing you want to pay attention to is if the ROM is for a CDMA device.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

Just unlock your CDMA TP and try a couple of diferent CDMA rom's, I've tried 4 and settled on Energy rom, works well with the sense style UI.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro