PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Best GPS Software for TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99193)

trance2002 01-04-2010 09:44 PM

Re: Best GPS Software for TP2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heinous (Post 1458920)
Has anyone ever gotten Sprint Navigation to work effectively? I never used to use it because required subscription fees, but I kind of like some of the features and would like to able to use it.

I've been pretty pleased with Sprint Nav. I used it a ton getting around NYC as well as a cross country drive from New York to Colorado and a trip to Oahu. I was fairly surprised at how good Sprint's coverage was on the island. The only thing I found was after having it on for hours I might develop a few seconds lag but a soft reset cleared that up. If you have the unlimited data plan the cost is already covered or at least it is on my plan.

Bostonbull 01-04-2010 10:03 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

use Sprint Nav as well. works good. i have unlimited, and the cost is already worked into monthly price.

jmorton10 01-04-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox (Post 1460946)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I use copilot live 8. TTS works fine.

CP8 does not have TTS & the maps are at least 10 years out of date.

I have this POS but I didn't even bother reinstalling it after my last ROM flash.

~John

aznmode 01-04-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox (Post 1460946)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I use copilot live 8. TTS works fine.

Co pilot TTS (text to speech - announce street names) is not available yet and only does the standard voice guidance for now. They are supposed to release it on December but haven't seen any update. Even when TTS becomes available the maps arent up to date so i think that will defeat the purpose. I would much rather have a GPS that has current maps than TTS. Just glad I only paid $20 for it so it wasn't much of a loss. I did like the interface though.

Tybalt39 01-05-2010 12:56 PM

As already mentioned by aznmode and jmorton10, Co-Pilot 8 may have a very good interface with lots of useful information, but it ultimately fails due to old maps and lack of TTS. If they ever fix those issues and add the advertised voice recognition capability, then they might have a winner.

I have tried Co-Pilot Live 8, iGo8, iGuidance, and Tomtom7. I like iGo8, but I am having dificulty with the settings not being remembered from previous sessions (illumination and region settings specifically). I like the simple menus and contact integration capability of iGuidance (if only there were a WVGA skin). I recall liking TT7 when I had it installed in an in-dash multimedia automobile system, but I haven't tried it with the TP2 yet....

I guess I will stay with iGo8 for now, unless someone builds a skin for iGuidance (hint hint).

kevmo1965 01-27-2010 11:14 PM

Garmin mobile xt for me. the same maps work for me on multiple devices.

strra 01-27-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmrt6 (Post 1521842)
I just got a TP2 and put TT7 on it. It has terrible lag time. I am trying to figure out how to put on the gpsgate... I'm not sure which thing to download. I downloaded the one for wm pocket pc... any help would be great... like how to get it set up right on my phone... It's a US Cellular with the stock rom

try my tweaked ttn7 cab. it's too big to post here, so i put it on megaupload. the tweaks should lessen the lag considerably along with enabling autorotate and fixing the bttrayce error
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NDLQX1MN

P.S. i got juggalo_x's permission to post it here

jamice4u 01-28-2010 12:43 AM

TOMTOM 7.916.9189 Fix

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laos101 (Post 1371341)
Hey Everyone,

Im going nuts atm, I've been using Igo8 for my GPS needs up until recently (The TTS stopped working as of MR's latest ROM) and I've been wondering,

Does TomTom work yet? Have they found a fix?

If not, whats the GPS software you all use?

The gps works on all of the system builds but with lag. I noticed that system build 21889.5.0.87 has zero lag on the sprint network. Sometimes I drive over 20 properties a day in cities I have never been to before. If your gps lags it can make your day considerably longer. If you can tolerate gps lag then you can flash your rom with any system. But I can not afford it. I have test a couple of ROMS with system build 21889.5.0.87 and I have come to the conclusion that this system build works the best with TOMTOM 7.916.9189.

I also got the bluetooth to work with this verison of TOMTOM by finding the bluetooth files \Windows\BtSdkCE30.dll and \Windows\BtCoreIf.dll with total commander before I allow TOMTOM to reset.

Better yet try the cab above it is 100 times better!!!!

Don't forget to thank me.

Emmrt6 01-28-2010 12:44 AM

Thank you. I might see it that helps even more. I did install gpsgate. When I used my TT7 without gpsgate I would get to my turns and look at the gps and it would tell me I was a half mile away still. I installed gpsgate and travelled the same roads and the lag time was maybe a second or two. I don't mind that amount of lag but a half a mile made it basically unusable. Gpsgate makes a night and day difference.

saj070 01-28-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmrt6 (Post 1522160)
Thank you. I might see it that helps even more. I did install gpsgate. When I used my TT7 without gpsgate I would get to my turns and look at the gps and it would tell me I was a half mile away still. I installed gpsgate and travelled the same roads and the lag time was maybe a second or two. I don't mind that amount of lag but a half a mile made it basically unusable. Gpsgate makes a night and day difference.

garmin xt has 1-2 sec lag but it the best gps software for tp2 without TTS..

try it out... easy to use and speedtrap-speedcameras - POI

my 2 cents