PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: verizon

lock_down is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
n00b needs help with QuickMenu uninstall, please

I installed QuickMenu v2.8 and really didn't care for it, so I decided to uninstall it, (it was a cab file). On restarts, an error message appeared, trying to find the application. So, I went to Windows/StartUp folder and deleted it there. Now, I don't get the start up error message, but my TF3D "task manager" in the upper right corner that shows running programs is GONE. I'd like to have it back, can anyone help, please?
Old 11-27-2009, 10:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: n00b needs help with QuickMenu uninstall, please

start>settings>system>task mamager>button>enable QM on today screen

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:45 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

By the way, I always used & love QM but i could never get it to work right in my TP2.

One thing it always did was eliminate the HTC task manager.

Now, there is an really nice app called "awesome start" you might want to try.

~John
Old 11-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lock_down is a n00b

I love this forum, thanks John. Seems so simple now, I just needed to dig in further. I will look at "awesome start." Do you have a link or cab? I'm one of those few people who miss the WM start menu... I guess I was just raised on it and after so many years it's a habit I'm struggling to break since getting the TP2. I used WisBar years ago, but it's just overkill for me.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:32 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lock_down View Post
I'm one of those few people who miss the WM start menu... I guess I was just raised on it and after so many years it's a habit I'm struggling to break since getting the TP2. I used WisBar years ago, but it's just overkill for me.
I agree with you. I also used Wisbar for a long time, I used it for a few weeks in my TP2 but it noticeably slows the system at times & is definitely over kill just to get the cascading start menu.

When I was running MightyROM I used the cab that enables a TF program tab & also brings back the cascading start menu so that worked super. Now, I'm running Juicy R3 so that is not an option.

Here is the awesome start cab, this works well but it doesn't cascade. As you can see in my screen shot, I put my most used programs into colored folders at the top of the start menu so I don't have to scroll hardly at all.

~John
Attached Files
File Type: cab AwesomeStart.CAB (893.2 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lock_down is a n00b

Does this work with my 6.1 VZY stock rom? I'm really not ready to flash just to get this. I've installed dozens of cabs, but I have to draw a line somewhere.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:02 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lock_down View Post
Does this work with my 6.1 VZY stock rom? I'm really not ready to flash just to get this. I've installed dozens of cabs, but I have to draw a line somewhere.
I'm not sure, I didn't try it until I was running a new ROM.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2