PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 11:40 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 VoiceCommand/Data

my tp2 6.1 stock announced incoming on via my bt when my headset was connected. i use blue ant q1. not sure if it does on 6.5 though....havent been using my bt.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 04-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
my tp2 6.1 stock announced incoming on via my bt when my headset was connected. i use blue ant q1. not sure if it does on 6.5 though....havent been using my bt.
This is the first report I have heard of any TP2 working with voice command incoming call announcement over BT headset. It certainly never worked for me (Blue Ant z9i headset) and all other reports here have said it wasn't possible for it to work due to a the TP2's non-standard BT stack.

If I knew it would work over any ROM even stock 6.1 I'd go to that immediately as that is one feature I really miss.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Someone here on site said he had Z9i working on stock 6.5, glad I did not buy one. Not ready to start changing roms my busy season.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Can anyone who has incoming call announcement working over a BT headset on a TP2 please report that (first hand info only please, not "I heard someone got it to work") with full info as to ROM version, headset type and anything special they've done. I am only interested in this information for announcement of incoming phone calls over the BT headset, not the device speaker.

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

walter17 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMeys View Post
Can anyone who has incoming call announcement working over a BT headset on a TP2 please report that (first hand info only please, not "I heard someone got it to work") with full info as to ROM version, headset type and anything special they've done. I am only interested in this information for announcement of incoming phone calls over the BT headset, not the device speaker.

Thanks.
I have it working on my TP2 and am using the latest MightyRom (03212010). I'm using a Plantronics Explorer 232 headset, and I've installed two .cab files for Bluetooth: Bluetooth Ringtone Fix (to hear the ringtones assigned for different contacts come through the headset) and Triangle Powers Bluetooth Audio (to reroute all of the sounds from the internal speaker to the headset)
Old 04-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter17 View Post
I have it working on my TP2 and am using the latest MightyRom (03212010). I'm using a Plantronics Explorer 232 headset, and I've installed two .cab files for Bluetooth: Bluetooth Ringtone Fix (to hear the ringtones assigned for different contacts come through the headset) and Triangle Powers Bluetooth Audio (to reroute all of the sounds from the internal speaker to the headset)
I assume you're using this Bluetooth Audio program from Triangle Powers:
BlueTooth Audio (Windows Mobile 6 Professional) - 1.0 which says it has been tested to work with the Sprint Mogul (PPC-6800)?

I had been under the impression that these programs to reroute audio to BT don't work on the TP2 (I have used MightyRom though). If it takes MightyRom to make it work though, I'll try it.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Okay, just tried using Triangle Powers Bluetooth Audio on my Sprint TP2 running the official Sprint 6.5 ROM, and it still didn't work (Blue Ant z9i headset).

Is there anyone other than walter17 who has this working? If so, please indicate which ROM and which headset. If I find others who have it working on the same MightyRom and walter17, I might try that.

Thanks.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

fearroyo is a n00b

Just got it working on mine. I am using an XBI headset on my motorcycle helmet and MightyROM 6.5 from 3/23/2010.

Installed the Bluetooth Ringtone Fix.cab from xda, turned on "Play system sounds on remote hands-free device" in the Advanced Bluetooth options, and then soft reset.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:10 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMeys View Post
This is the first report I have heard of any TP2 working with voice command incoming call announcement over BT headset. It certainly never worked for me (Blue Ant z9i headset) and all other reports here have said it wasn't possible for it to work due to a the TP2's non-standard BT stack.

If I knew it would work over any ROM even stock 6.1 I'd go to that immediately as that is one feature I really miss.
was surprised the call announcement worked on my 6.1 stock when i bought the Q1 a few months ago. bought it because of the california no talking on cell phones while driving. and the few calls i got while driving and had the bt headset connected, it announced the caller each time.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearroyo View Post
Just got it working on mine. I am using an XBI headset on my motorcycle helmet and MightyROM 6.5 from 3/23/2010.

Installed the Bluetooth Ringtone Fix.cab from xda, turned on "Play system sounds on remote hands-free device" in the Advanced Bluetooth options, and then soft reset.
IT WORKED!!

Sprint 6.5 official ROM, BlueAnt z9i BT headset. Did exactly as above: installed the bluetooth ringtone fix.cab from xda then turned on "play system sounds on remote hands-free device" in the Advanced Bluetooth options.

I had ignored mention of that cab before as I don't use custom ringtones and didn't care about ringtone over BT, but with that combo I've got the incoming call announcement working over the BT headset!

Thank you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2