PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 10:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sirreal63 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to sirreal63 Send a message via Yahoo to sirreal63
Question sense 2.5 and stock rom

Noob question from a Noob...I like my stock 6.5 rom, but am ready to have fun with it. How do I get Sense from 2.1 to 2.5? From my research it seems the only way is to flash a custom rom, not sure I want to go down that road as I actually like the 605.3 one I updated to at the first of the year.

FusionRom seems to be an alternative but I don't want to brick this phone, it has worked flawlessly, but I want to be able to do the clear home screens, quicklinks, etc. Am I missing something important in my education?

Search yielded no direct answers, but did find the FusionRom

Edit...I do have the TP2
Old 05-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: sense 2.5 and stock rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirreal63 View Post
Noob question from a Noob...I like my stock 6.5 rom, but am ready to have fun with it. How do I get Sense from 2.1 to 2.5? From my research it seems the only way is to flash a custom rom, not sure I want to go down that road as I actually like the 605.3 one I updated to at the first of the year.

FusionRom seems to be an alternative but I don't want to brick this phone, it has worked flawlessly, but I want to be able to do the clear home screens, quicklinks, etc. Am I missing something important in my education?

Search yielded no direct answers, but did find the FusionRom

Edit...I do have the TP2
The Only way you are going to get Sense 2.5 on Verizon right now is to flash a custom ROM plain and simple. Its not as bad as it seems. got to remember you are going to hear about issues that arise and problems all over the place, but thats just because for the people that it works perfect for and not going to post saying no problems at all. Personally I rather go with a custom ROM any day of the week than Stock, but thats just me.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: VZW

Daemonax is becoming a great contributor

I've been flashing for years on multiple WM phones, so I'm a little biased, but a custom ROM is absolutely the way to go. Today's cooks make the process so easy that it is hard to screw up if you read and follow the directions. It can be a little nerve racking the first time, but after one or two, you'll never go back to stock.

That being said, have you looked through the Themes sub-forum? There are a whole host of mods for 2.1 that may get you want you want.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:32 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thanks...will check out the themes and still considering a custom rom.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:49 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

I remember when i had my touch pro I found a thread that had the latest version of Sense 2.0.xxx. Im surprised they dont have this for 2.1 or 2.5. Have you checked xda?
Old 05-20-2010, 08:46 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

I took a leap of faith last night, flashed a Mr.X rom, so far I am loving it! Very fast, and have had no issues. Now the fun comes.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirreal63 View Post
I took a leap of faith last night, flashed a Mr.X rom, so far I am loving it! Very fast, and have had no issues. Now the fun comes.
Good for you, welcome to the fun world of flashing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2