PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   mightyrom weather my location doesnt give a real location... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98145)

imnuts 11-23-2009 08:20 PM

Re: mightyrom weather my location doesnt give a real location...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwrood (Post 1355628)
actually, ive foudn it to be VERY accurate...for example, i live in columbia, SC...most of the time it just shows columbia, but form time to time it will show smaller towns that are within columbia (irmo, blythewood, west columbia etc) i was quite surprised to know that it could get this accurate...sorry ur having that problem tho

I know it can be accurate, but when it can't get a good GPS position, it just displays the state.

notanerd1411 11-23-2009 08:32 PM

Mine always shows the correct city. ( I added it using conflippers weather Db) but sometimes the time gets messed up. I am in Richmond, CA and it changes the time to Richmond,VA and my alarms will start going off early, So i just dont use the my location as my clock weather and have it set on one of the cities that I added.. its a pain but oh well. Anyone know how to fix it? if not no big deal...

Rgamer84 11-23-2009 09:10 PM

Mine is always pretty close to accurate. If i am on the city boarder it will just say Illinois but if i am actually in the city it will tell me Rockford. If i don't have GPS signal at all where i am it will triangulate my location which will usually give me a Machesney Park city which is just outside of where i am actually at.

DarkManX4lf 11-23-2009 09:24 PM

Its weird in some places it will give me the exact city and location....when I am at home it doesn't display my city....instead it says I'm located elsewhere....I don't think it has to do with GPS signal at my house since Google maps finds me fine.

aaron580 12-16-2009 11:04 PM

Wish mike would fix this because in every other rom ive used its worked and been accurate 100% of the time. I just hard reset the phone and now it shows im in washington. I give up this is the one biggest annoyance this rom has.

brownhornet 12-16-2009 11:07 PM

On energy mines pinpoints me down to the city...sometimes even the part of town.

Superboy007 12-16-2009 11:57 PM

just change the correct time and timezone in the windows time settings NOT in the manila one and it will fix itself

Hope it helps.

bilson 03-11-2010 05:09 PM

My location weather showed up on the Home screen, everything very accurate, then all of a sudden it stop showing on the home screen and defaulted to on of the cities I selected. If I go to Weather the current location is listed but can no longer display it on the Home screen. Any clues?

jshaas2 03-11-2010 05:17 PM

Mike explained it somewhat here. While his post refers to the GPS location, it and the weather are running off the same HTC Geo Service driver.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=7482

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron580 (Post 1354026)
Ok so running mighty rom (current version) and when I go to update the weather all I get is a generic location it seems (ie: indiana when im really in indianapolis). It worked for a while now it wont update my real location and the weather for my location is wrong to. whats wrong? it worked on the first build of mighty just fine until I reflashed and never worked again. So annoying since I use it quite often...

BTW location is on and all

rtandon87 03-11-2010 07:15 PM

Its so wierd. In my case the only time I get the right location is using MightyROM. With all other ROMs it shows me Washington when I am in Ames, IA.