PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is Manila 2.5 stable?

Hi everyone--I did a search for "manila 2.5 stable" and didn't find anything, so I figured I'd ask.

I know it will never officially be supported on the TP2, but I am curious--to those of you who are running Manila 2.5, has it been as stable as 2.1? My priorities in phone usage are: stability, speed, functionality, so I tend to keep my phone very barebones. However, I would LOVE to use Manila 2.5's contact management--one of my favorite things about the original TouchFlo interface was having an array of contacts and being able to touch them to dial immediately. But, I don't want to make my phone less stable by putting potentially beta-level software on it. (I tried using 6.5.1 a while back and the bugs drove me absolutely mad; I was soft-resetting my phone at least once a day, I think.)

If anyone wants to share their experience, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks guys (and gals).
Old 11-19-2009, 01:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Is Manila 2.5 stable?

it is super stable....just as stable as 2.1....its just noobs around here(not saying you) dont like to read what the chef says that there is no landscape for it and automatically start running around saying 2.5 sucks i cant even get landscape blah blah blah....2.5 was designed around a phone that has no physical keyboard so it doesnt need to use TF3d in landscape...but ive been using it and love it....better text window better favorites page animated wall papers quick links to programs....
Old 11-19-2009, 01:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

also 2.5 isnt beta...its finished and already being used on the HD2(leo) that has been on sale for a few weeks now....
Old 11-19-2009, 01:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

I agree that 2.5 is fairly stable as long as you don't mind the lack of landscape support, but it is a bit slower (due to being designed for a far faster device) and does have a few bugs here and there. I held off on it for a while, but I finally opted to test drive it a couple days ago and I'm already hooked.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
I agree that 2.5 is fairly stable as long as you don't mind the lack of landscape support, but it is a bit slower (due to being designed for a far faster device) and does have a few bugs here and there. I held off on it for a while, but I finally opted to test drive it a couple days ago and I'm already hooked.
what bugs do u speak of
Old 11-19-2009, 01:41 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Its very stable for me and very fast, one advantage 2.1 had was the ability to be cfc compressed now that 2.5 is supported it cuts the size in half and speeds it up. I do not know of any bugs, besides the texting/mms issue, but you can just disable htc messaging, and poof problem solved.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work

from what ive heard manila 2.5 is not all that stable..theres a few problems with the text message app thats built into it...i believe thats why the GREAT mightymike hasnt released one yet
Old 11-19-2009, 02:00 AM
Mobileunderground.info

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwrood View Post
from what ive heard manila 2.5 is not all that stable..theres a few problems with the text message app thats built into it...i believe thats why the GREAT mightymike hasnt released one yet
Mighty goes for more stock, also it doesn't support landscape in some tabs, but ever since i switched to it i cannot go back to 2.1 landscape or not. Plus rotastrain is working on creating landscape support for it! Messaging is easily fixed, just disable htc messaging or dont include it in the rom.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Why won't it ever come out for the TP2? It's not going to be in the official 6.5?
Old 11-19-2009, 02:52 AM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Why won't it ever come out for the TP2? It's not going to be in the official 6.5?
htc never updates manila builds to later versions like 2.1 to 2.5 but they do update 2.1.1920 to say 2.1.1921.
This is unfortunate but it doesn't matter since we always end up with the latest in custom roms

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2