PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Best Custom Rom for performance on CDMA TOUCH PRO 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97337)

sarcigon 11-18-2009 04:07 PM

Best Custom Rom for performance on CDMA TOUCH PRO 2

What is the best custom ROM for the CDMA TOUCH PRO 2 (SPRINT, VERIZON, ETC.)?
I have tried EnergyRom (Leo)(21864), but the fact that the landscape mode doesnt work and the battery drains really fast, made me change my mind and try another build.
Now, can anyone in this forum please tell which is the best ROM that can support landscape mode and doesn't go blank when the phone rotated.??

tr0s 11-18-2009 04:38 PM

Re: Best Custom Rom for performance on CDMA TOUCH PRO 2

it went black because the leo isn't doesn't have a hardware keyboard and therefore doesn't need to rotation of the screen. you were using manilla 2.5, look for a rom running 2.1 and you'll have your rotation. right now i'm using mightymike and i'm quite impressed with speed stability and battery life but to each their own. try a few out just make sure you look for manilla 2.1.

strra 11-18-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarcigon (Post 1341035)
What is the best custom ROM for the CDMA TOUCH PRO 2 (SPRINT, VERIZON, ETC.)?
I have tried EnergyRom (Leo)(21864), but the fact that the landscape mode doesnt work and the battery drains really fast, made me change my mind and try another build.
Now, can anyone in this forum please tell which is the best ROM that can support landscape mode and doesn't go blank when the phone rotated.??

any rom using manila 2.5 will go blank in landscape because there is no manila 2.5 for a slider phone yet.
so your best bet would be any rom with manila 2.1. if you like energy, try his "photon" rom.
i'm personally digging jd's rhopazio rom at the moment

WisdomWolfX 11-18-2009 04:49 PM

I have to say that if you want something that is smooth and stable then Mighty's ROM is my favorite, I've run it since the HSPL came out. I only went looking for something else because I wanted a 6.5.1 ROM.

qper 11-18-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX (Post 1341164)
I have to say that if you want something that is smooth and stable that Mighty's ROM is my favorite, I've run it since the HSPL came out.

+1 Mighty all the way!

tspnews 11-18-2009 05:15 PM

I have been using NRG Photon with good results. I beleive the key is using a rom that doesn't have tf3d at all if your really looking for performance. -T

kern417 11-18-2009 05:33 PM

mighty or ssk i tried them both and have been flashing back and forth since i cant decide /:

CovKid66 11-18-2009 05:56 PM

These "best rom" threads are so open-ended and therefore tend to solicit subjective responses.

The previous post / explanation about why you can't get landscape means you're left trying any rom that is not using manilla 2.5 (sense ui). Try the manilla 2.1 roms out and decide which suites you best.

Different chefs often customize roms to their liking that include or exclude particular apps, settings, themes, etc. This tends to either keep you with one particular chef, or keep you away from them, but you really do have to try them out for yourself and decide for yourself. That's really what this whole site is about IMO.

scrosler 11-18-2009 06:15 PM

I think my SSK ROMS are pretty darn nice ;c)

scrosler 11-18-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CovKid66 (Post 1341401)
These "best rom" threads are so open-ended and therefore tend to solicit subjective responses.

The previous post / explanation about why you can't get landscape means you're left trying any rom that is not using manilla 2.5 (sense ui). Try the manilla 2.1 roms out and decide which suites you best.

Different chefs often customize roms to their liking that include or exclude particular apps, settings, themes, etc. This tends to either keep you with one particular chef, or keep you away from them, but you really do have to try them out for yourself and decide for yourself. That's really what this whole site is about IMO.

Exactly!