PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Jenn77x1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Can Someone Help Me Please ~ 6.1 vs 6.5

Hi

I've had the Sprint HTC Touch Pro2 for about a month or so now . . . When the new 6.5 came out I switched over, only to immediatley switch back. I like the 6.1 because I can make my TODAY screen have almost nothing at all on it, instead of the 6.5 where you couldn't even see the wallpaper.

I'm now starting to notice lag and things here and there that are not working and I'm wondering if I should give the 6.5 another go around ? ? ?

Does everyone have the 6.5 and love it or does it have it's drawbacks as well ?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated ! ! !
Old 06-08-2010, 09:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Can Someone Help Me Please ~ 6.1 vs 6.5

I never used stock 6.5 but heard it was buggy/slow. If you're not opposed, flash a custom rom and give that a shot. I'm on Mr. X's 6.5 and running Cookie Home Tab and you can mod your home screen quite a bit. Take a look around in the themes forum for the TP2 and look at cookie home tab and also mods by Santod, they'll help you clean the screen up good, but I'm not sure about on stock if it will help the sluggishness that much. And welcome aboard the site!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jenn77x1 is a n00b

I guess I need to do some reading, because I've seen the "Flash To" quite a few times but I'm not sure what that means . . . lol

Thanks for your help and also for my welcome !
Old 06-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn77x1 View Post
I guess I need to do some reading, because I've seen the "Flash To" quite a few times but I'm not sure what that means . . . lol

Thanks for your help and also for my welcome !
Welcome! You hit it on the head... Reading is the best thing you can do, and then ask questions on anything you dont understand.

As a first bit of info... flashing basically is what you did when you upgraded to 6.5, and then back 6.1. you "flashed" a new ROM to your phone. A custom ROM is designed by one of the AWESOME chefs here on the site and each ROM provides a unique experience. You can find all of the ROM threads and "How-To"s in the CDMA Upgrades section.

Enjoy!

Kliptik

EDIT* I've heard that most of the stock 6.5 ROMs are very buggy. Personally are prefer custom 6.5 over 6.1, but there's pros and cons to both.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jenn77x1 is a n00b

Thank you so much for your help !

That's what I'm doing, is reading ! ! ! So many choices for ROM's & Manila, I guess the best thing to do is to pick one and just go for it ! ! !

Not really looking for a whole lot of change in paticular, I just want it to not be buggy, slow, and I would like it to Look Good I really don't want the Today Screen to be filled with Tabs, Weather, etc . . . I like to see the wallpaper
Old 06-08-2010, 10:48 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

if you need help unlocking/flashing you can pm me or post here then maybe we will see question but with the 300 my evo broke threads its hard to keep a thread on main board. mr.x or vin have great 6.5 roms
Old 06-09-2010, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I'll second Mr. X rom.Very solid with cookie home tab. Nice and snappy too. I run it and switch back and forth with spb mobile shell. Right now, very comfortable with mobile shell. Simplistic and very functional in professional mode. I'll probably add some vostrodamus widgets when I get a chance.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mhunt3 is just getting started

I use stock 6.5 with very few problems. Cookie's Home tab gives you a lot of customization ability. A few things to prevent problems is keep the number of text messages and emails on your phone low. Also, you need to understand what to save to the phone and what to put on the memory card. Some programs need to be saved to the phone, but when possible you should save to the memory card.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

Switching to 6.5 is worth it. If you don't need eye candy, disable Sense and go with Windows plug-ins. I use "Pocket Digital Clock" and nothing else on my today screen.
Performance wise, the phone just seems to work better. GPS lag is much better in 6.5. The Camcorder takes smoother videos with the sound in perfect sync. All videos shot with 6.1 have audio out of sync. You also get a sliding screen lock and a new sound recorder app. Also, 6.5 seems to be a lot more complete. The only tweak I needed for 6.5 was to restore the task manager. With 6.1, I was using about 15 different tweaks just to fix annoying features and bugs.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jenn77x1 is a n00b

Thanks for everyones help ! ! ! Very much appreciated ! ! !

Does anyone have experience removing the Sprint logo's from the top of the screen . . . I found directions and tried it for about 2 hours and could never get it to work. I downloaded the manila zip file to PC and then transferred to windows on my TP2 but nothing . . . I even downloaded the Gimp program to edit the logo . . . There has to be an easier way ! ! !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2