PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   MS Bluetooth Stack in ROM upgrades (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95945)

isdnmatt 11-11-2009 01:29 PM

Re: MS Bluetooth Stack in ROM upgrades

I would certainly be interested in the stock MS stack as well. My Pioneer headunit in my car won't hang up, so now I have to have the END key within reach whenever I make a phone call. Every ROM I've tried, Juggalo's included, has the same problem.

Gadjetguy 11-11-2009 05:39 PM

Maybe we can keep the same stack and just figure a way to resolve the issues? My Plantronics 925 does not hang up.

dodgeboy 11-11-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadjetguy (Post 1320090)
Maybe we can keep the same stack and just figure a way to resolve the issues? My Plantronics 925 does not hang up.

If this is possible, I'm all for it. Are there any other versions of the widcomm BT stack that we can use?

fearroyo 11-11-2009 07:59 PM

I would love to see the MS stack since it worked with the handsfree on my helmet. Not being able to pass the MSVC and hang up the call make this stack useless for me since I am on a motorcycle.

dbldwn02 11-11-2009 08:41 PM

So far I've tried a $130 Plantronics Discover 975 and a $20 Ebay'd Jabra 8010 and niether hang up. I've heard jawbone doesn't hang up either....

I tried the hang-up cab and it didn't do crap.

WisdomWolfX 11-11-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isdnmatt (Post 1319413)
I would certainly be interested in the stock MS stack as well. My Pioneer headunit in my car won't hang up, so now I have to have the END key within reach whenever I make a phone call. Every ROM I've tried, Juggalo's included, has the same problem.

Same situation here. It is definitely an issue. In fact, iirc there were reports that the BT stack HTC was using was broken before the TP2 was even released.

drzeller 11-11-2009 09:13 PM

I can't hang up in a Honda Odyssey. If it is like that in all Honda's, then it is a pretty good possibility that this affects a decent number of people.

D.

delfin2003 11-11-2009 09:18 PM

Guys, so I'm confused. Where's the code for bluetooth stack, in the rom? or in the radio rom?

BacardiGuy 11-11-2009 09:45 PM

I have the "no hang up" problem as well. Volume controls also do not work on three of my bluetooth audio devices. My Parrot 6100 hangs up on its own for the first 10 minutes of initial pairing after just 3 or 4 seconds into a call. No voice announcement of emails, calendar, and callerid. Stereo audio is spotty in quality.

Not sure what the "extra features" of Widcomm are, but the basics are missing and frankly that makes it inferior to the MSFT stack.

BacardiGuy 11-11-2009 09:50 PM

and Juggalo X, I am sorry to hear that no one has yet contributed to your ROM.

I am happy with the stock ROM on the TP2 except for the Bluetooth issues. If someone fixed that, I would flash and gladly contribute as well. Until then, its a neat trick that you all have cracked it, but doesn't make it dramatically better.

Bluetooth fix would be an accomplishment (at least to me); the rest is just eye candy.