PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   MS Bluetooth Stack in ROM upgrades (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95945)

dodgeboy 11-11-2009 12:32 PM

Re: MS Bluetooth Stack in ROM upgrades

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 1319209)
if you asking if we have any idea how to get it in there? it would be simple, the hardest part would be removing the boradcom stack i have the MS stack already. i just wont do it.

Someone on the forum already removed the Widcomm stack... It was noted in one of the other threads about this (not in the upgrades forum). I will try to find it and link to it.

Dave

mlcastro 11-11-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgeboy (Post 1319249)
Someone on the forum already removed the Widcomm stack... It was noted in one of the other threads about this (not in the upgrades forum). I will try to find it and link to it.

Dave

Wow that'd be great +1

Mr. X 11-11-2009 12:44 PM

removing the stack is the hard part as its just tossed into the pile of Drivers. its not cleanly packed like the MS one. other then that its nothign special removing it and not much of an epic achievement lol

jakdillard 11-11-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlcastro (Post 1319236)
I see, is the hard part identifying the files?

no its just that for the most part you will lose functionality the broadcom stack does so much more than the ms stack

dodgeboy 11-11-2009 12:56 PM

Here's the link:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85568&page=4

Read through the posts on that page...

Dave

Mr. X 11-11-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 1319316)
no its just that for the most part you will lose functionality the broadcom stack does so much more than the ms stack

exactly

dodgeboy 11-11-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Those that can realize the benefits of the widcomm stack will lose functionality if it is replaced with the MS stack. But there are lots of us that effectively have NO functionality with the widcomm stack. It doesn't work properly with any of my devices. So we would be gaining functionality by getting the MS stack.

I understand that the widcomm stack has more capability, and more options... but that's all meaningless if it doesn't work for us. I'm glad it is working for some, but there is definitely a growing desire to have the old MS stack in a ROM so that we can regain our BT functionality.

Dave

grv 11-11-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty much less than nobody on these forums, but my two cents, for what it's worth is that when the basics don't work (which they don't for some of us), the bells and whistles in the stack become relatively worthless. While the majority seems to be happy with the default stack on the TP2, there is a not insignificant number of people with basic functionality issues. Can't hang up the phone... REALLLY slow performance when paired... crappy HTC Media Player usurping remote controls...

I for one hope that someone with the skills will have the inclination to do this, especially as it sounds like it would not be a hard thing to do. I'd gladly donate to that effort.

Thanks all...

Boo Boo 11-11-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 1319043)
I personally find the MS stack to be worse then then Broadcom stack. so i wouldn't be doing this.

so your the 1 in a thousand that doesn't have an issue. their htc bluetooth stack is a joke. so instead of helping the people who donate, and ask for a fix , you pretty much just slap a **** in their face and say screw you who supported me

Mr. X 11-11-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo (Post 1319373)
so your the 1 in a thousand that doesn't have an issue. their htc bluetooth stack is a joke. so instead of helping the people who donate, and ask for a fix , you pretty much just slap a **** in their face and say screw you who supported me

i dont get what you're trying to say? no one has complained about my bluetooth in my ROM yet.

as for people who donate? to me? thats optional depending if you like my work, its not paying for support its a DONATION. and no one has donated for my tp2 rom yet.

Also, watch how you word things. this is a PG site and needs to be kept safe for work.