PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Verizon

skillzo1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
jelous of new htc phones

Im a little ticked off that we was promissed a 6.5 upgrade of windows and still are not allowed to have it yet. Its bs that all newer phones are being released with it. END RANT! anyone else feel like i feel? i dont have the experience to do custom roms or anything like that to get the new manilla or 6.5.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800 (Titan), XV6975 (Imagio)

KnowFear is a n00b
Re: jelous of new htc phones

Be patient. It was posted earlier that HTC released the ROM to VZW and, once they put all of their bloatware in it, they should be releasing it in three weeks or so.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Bro, read the stickies & upgrade your ROM. It's really easy, believe me.

If you upgrade to Mighty Mike's ROM, you will have a setup just like stock but with all the new features....

~John
Old 11-06-2009, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g/HTC TP 2
Carrier: Sprint

navymarvin is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to navymarvin

you will probably just make out better unlockin your phone and flashing one of the roms that these guy put work into on here. they are faster more stable at times the companies bog these phones down with stuff you will never use. my basic point is you can get 6.5 right now if you want it its all over this forum
Old 11-06-2009, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i tried reading it and it might as well be in another language lol. if i do put mighty mikes rom in will i lose all my installed cabs that i love so much. i really seem to like the juicy rom.

Last edited by skillzo1; 11-06-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzo1 View Post
i tried reading it and it might as well be in another language lol. if i do put mighty mikes rom in will i lose all my installed cabs that i love so much?
You will lose all your installed cabs. But if you install a new rom from your carrier you will also lose all your installed cabs. watchout though, once you start flashing you will not stop, it becomes addicting.
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-06-2009, 12:08 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

dude your name is skillz....... you gotta atleast have enough skillz to flash a rom......

read the upgrade section well....... its more confusing than it actually is.

I thought the same thing before I flashed, like I was in way over my head, but let me tell you its like 3 easy steps once ya unlock and all, which is only like 3 steps also.............

dont let the 20+ step massive writup scare you, read and you will relize how easy it is.....

Last edited by Dragon2; 11-06-2009 at 12:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

flashing has to be the easiest thing around unlock-download-flash
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

just unlock and flash. the former takes about a minute and the latter takes 4-5 minutes. so simple! the instructions are laid out in the respective stickies in upgrade section. follow all the instructions and you won't brick your device. it takes longer to download the tools and ROMs than to actually install them

yes, you will lose your cabs, that's why it's a good idea to keep a collection of them on your storage card or computer.
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
You will lose all your installed cabs. But if you install a new rom from your carrier you will also lose all your installed cabs. watchout though, once you start flashing you will not stop, it becomes addicting.
ill even lose the the cab i paid for?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2