PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 04:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Curve>Tour>TP2
Carrier: Sprint

idenlover is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Radio/weather/quick link questions...

So I'm a few weeks into my first TP2 and I still love it. I've come across a few things that seem odd, did search around on here, but didn't see anything exactly like my case...

After a couple days of OEM, I installed the energy rom. I love the layout and and all of the extra options.

My first question is, do I need to update the radio file after installing a new rom? I've noticed that the send and receive arrows over the signal indicator almost seem to be on constantly. I'm in an area with 3g everywhere, but I notice the tp2 changing to 1x quite a bit. Often when I hang up a phone call, it looks like it changed to 1x during the call, and then changes back to 3g/Ev once I'm done. Is this a radio issue or normal?

Second, my weather icon on the home screen seems to be lacking a sun. Seriously, I see the sun ray animations, but a dark circle where the sun would be. I see the moon sometimes, moving clouds, rain, but still haven't seen a bright yellow sun. Am I the only one?

Lastly, Is there a way to edit the order of quick links in the horizontal/keyboard open position, or are you locked into whatever you have at positions 1-4 on page 2, and position 1 on page 3?

Thanks for helping out the newbie
Old 10-02-2010, 04:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Re: Radio/weather/quick link questions...

It's normal for the phone to switch to 1x while on a call, because that is the network it uses for calls, while 3G is for internet. Hence why if you get a call while loading a page, it stops.

The little arrows indicates that it is connected to the internet, usually it's programs that automatically update themselves, weather, email and so forth.

I've never used EnergyROMS so I'm not familiar with them, but by judging by his description, you may want to check how often these things update as it may be at the shortest settings and adjust them to your liking.

They also have programs to check to see what is using the internet. SPB wireles monitor is one of them and I'm sure there are more.

There is also the issue of Opera constantly connected to the internet, fixed with the "no push internet" cab, usually that is fixed in custom ROMS, but you might wanna check.

As far as seeing the sun, you might wanna search the thread for the ROM you download, if anyone else has had the same problem they will have posted in there. Or you can ask for help from the ROM creator usually.

There is a cab to unlock those, I'm surprised that they aren't all ready.

or you can just change these registry settings

Quote:
HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila/ProgramLauncher/0/IsReadOnly
HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila/ProgramLauncher/1/IsReadOnly
HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila/ProgramLauncher/2/IsReadOnly
HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila/ProgramLauncher/3/IsReadOnly

Change this value from 1 to a 0 and you can then edit their shortcuts.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:27 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

as mentioned above.. 1x is for voice.. 3G is for Data.. it will always goto 1x for phone calls..

for constant data: grab the no push internet cab(mentuoned above-attached below), check your email send/recieve schedule, your weather update schedule, and anything else that can auto-update..

for the quicklinks in Landscape, its the top 4 on screen 1, the top 4 on screen 2, and the left-most icon from screen 3 that make the first 9 quicklinks in landscape... now that you know that, just arrainge your quicklinks so that you get what you want in Landscape View, thats how i did it
Old 10-02-2010, 11:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Curve>Tour>TP2
Threadstarter

idenlover is a n00b

Great! Thanks for your help guys. I came from a blackberry and never saw it switch to 1x with sprint. So I wasn't used to it, but that makes sense that it would switch over for voice calls. I'll shift around my quick links, I just didn't know if there was a "slide open" quick link editor option somewhere I was missing. I'm surprised that the no push internet cab wasn't built as part of the energy rom, it seems like he's got everything else in there working really well. I did search for "sun" and "weather icon not updating" in that thread, but there's a couple thousand posts in there. If I can't get it working, I'll post the question in that thread I guess. Thanks again for helping out the new guy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2