PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone even care anymore about updating Stock Rom?

So far my stock Sprint ROM is great and very stable, I just don’t have the need to update it anymore and deal with all the bugs and the hassle of reinstalling apps. I just wish they can make a cab on the home screen that has the weather, that’s the only point I see in upgrading my stock rom. I am thinking of waiting this out till Sprint puts out an official 6.5.

So to the ones who upgraded there roms, is it really worth the fuss?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:20 PM
The Great Winged Horse
Pocket PC: XV6700 XV6800 TP2
Carrier: Big Red

Pegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Anyone even care anymore about updating Stock Rom?

I'll probably try it if ever drops. Dont know that I will stick though I love MM roms.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:25 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

I no longer give a ripp...PPCGEEKS ROCKS!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIP

Official updates are important because they provide the cooks with updated drivers and programs to cook with. It is critical that HTC update the official Roms if we want the latest and greatest in our cooked Roms.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP

Most of the custom ROM's out there are the latest and greatest AND most "BETAEST" of Windows Mobile builds. Bugs are expected...functionality issues however minor are expected.

When the 6.5 update drop from HTC and Sprint...most of us will probably be running some form of 6.5.1 which is stepping towards WM7 direction.

If you're happy with your stock, like many others are, then stick with it. Just know that you may not get a lot of the eye candy/bells and whistles that some of the 6.5 and 6.5.1 ROMs are running.

If I hadn't gotten hooked flashing custom ROMs on my TP1...I'd probably stuck with stock on the TP2 since it is so stable and functional.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

xconwayx is keeping up the good workxconwayx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to xconwayx Send a message via MSN to xconwayx

ppcgeeks may have ruined relationships for me, but flashing ROMs is so much more fun! I will try an updated Stock Rom, why not? Never hurts to test it even for a day.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj62mtp View Post
Official updates are important because they provide the cooks with updated drivers and programs to cook with. It is critical that HTC update the official Roms if we want the latest and greatest in our cooked Roms.
I agree with this...for example, MMS is not working on the manilla 2.5 custom roms and HTC Messaging is horribly sluggish...you would think Sprint would be optimizing the speed for release and then we can use its drivers...

This is all assuming of course that Sprint/HTC would bother giving us manilla 2.5...
Old 11-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I'm with you OP... I'm just waiting for win 6.5 stock rom. I like the freedom to change only what I want to change.
p.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP

I respect your opinions...but as Sprint subscribers...you should know NOT to put too much faith in Sprint.

Sprint and for the that matter Verizon had a shot at the iPhone before Apple took it to AT&T...hmmmm

Sprint released the Instink...took about 3 generations to get that completely right (the initial update to that firmware took them MONTHs...and even then the updates "us" users at the time was looking for wasn't there.)

Sprint is holding out on the Diamond2...we may never see that phone.

Sprint got into Android with Hero...and now the Samsung Moment...when Verizon is ready to release a WHOLE LINE of Android devices.

the Palm Pre was supposed to be Sprints great device...did I just hear that phone fizzle out??

Bottomline is you should not put so much faith in Sprint. Most of us come here for tech support as opposed to calling them or going to their stores...does that tell YOU something??
Old 11-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am still on the stock ROM. For a while, I was as excited for the HSPL and the ability to start flashing as everyone else was. I had a Verizon TP1 and were it not for custom ROMs that phone woulda sucked. But over the last couple months, I've really tweaked the stock ROM on the TP2 and found it to be rock solid reliable. I have gone a full two weeks without a soft reset, and I use the hell out of it every day. So... yeah, I'm kinda reluctant to start flashing and have to go through all the setup and then only finding that there are bugs and stability issues.

If I do flash, I am going to go with the SSK kitchen, because a) this was what I used on my TP1 and I loved it, very reliable and fast, and b) he is the only chef giving a 6.1 option right now, using the stock build (21052), meaning you can basically build a stock ROM but add in some stuff you want and take out stuff you dont use.

I'm thinking about it......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2