PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: telus

canmx120 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Help, can't get a data connection

I just activated a used/returned touch pro 2 with telus and I can make calls, but I cannot get the evdo to connect(or 1x, no data connection).
The error varies from telling me the password and user are wrong, to saying error code 8: service not activated on the network.
The number it's dialing is correct, #777 for telus, and I've called tech suppord who couldn't help me for a total of 36minutes(they told me to enter my number@1x.telusmobility.com and my meid as password, that didn't work).
Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Last edited by canmx120; 11-09-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

canmx120 is a n00b
Re: Help, can't get a data connectoin

bump!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Data provisioning has been known to take longer to get activated than phone service, I believe
Old 11-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Facinate
Carrier: Telus

Nomad Anonym is a n00b

I have the same everything... bought my phone on monday, its now wednesday. The sales guy in the store said it maytake extra time for the internet/network features to come up so I gave it until end of day monday and called in to support. We tried the same procedure for setting up the CDMA1 network, #777, phone#@1x.telusmobility.com, serial# for p/w. Over an hour on the phone with tec support to no avail so i got a ticket number that was mysteriously canceled yesterday, so they got it going again today (Wednesday). Anyway, I have the same problem and still no response from telus! I hope someone can help.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Lurker

Nomad Anonym is a n00b

Quick update. I spoke with the store I bought the phone from and I am told that if a ticket has been issued it is most likely an account setting. Also "there are only a small number of people who can handle these tickets" and it can take up to 72 hours for them to get to it. So then, hurry up and wait.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ahawke01 is keeping up the good workahawke01 is keeping up the good work

I would try a hard reset while you are waiting cause they tell you to wait and it is magic how it never comes on. It wouldnt hurt to try the hard reset in this situation.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Lurker

Nomad Anonym is a n00b

Update

Still with no response form Telus tech support I went into the store this evening; four days after getting the phone. The tech savvy guy that sold me the phone said he had another customer come in with the same problem. Right now the speculation is that a batch of phones were sent out with the wrong programing and will likely need a new phone. He is waiting for confirmation before giving me another one because there is a good chance all the phones they have are buggered. So he is getting one in from another store to try and get that working for me.He got the other guy with the same problem a month of free data and said he would try to get me the same. to further compund the issue today was the launch of the new network and the iPhone. Telus 611 just hangs up. Good times.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:21 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

canmx120 is a n00b

Same deal with me, no connection still. I'm guessing thats why my phone was a refurb, because it didn't work to start with XD. If they dont get it working in the next day or so the guy at my telus store said I'd be able to just get a new phone, I might try for some free data, or try to get what was originally promised to me by loyalty and retentions, $10 off my $30 data plan for the next 2 years. I argued with a new rep for 10-15 minutes about this, even told them to bring up the call since its supposed to be recorded but they kept putting off the subject saying "oh, it was a mis-communication, she offered you this other $10 service for free" when I was actually offered both.
Kinda bummed, but I'll keep complaining and hopefully get my bill down from 80 to 60ish, with free caller ID and a new phone.
Wonder if you live near greenwood, ns? haha, thats the store I'm dealing with.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro2

mcal is a n00b

Thanks for the help reading this thread was. I had been on calls with with about every one at Telus and even got put thru to HTC, all with no results. This was Tues AM to Turs PM.
This morning I got a call from a tech who was "the person". Went thru the usual stuff and then he run a trace while I was connecting. After a few adjustments on his end and as many restarts on mine........OMG (can I use that?) IT WORKS.
So now there "should" be an answer for others calling in.

Me talking to Telus reps...
Old 11-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Touch Pro 2

remsad is a n00b

I have the same problem today and I've got 3 technician and finally I've got a ticket but no call back from now. Do you know how to resolve this at our side or Some Telus techs need to do something at Telus side ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcal View Post
Thanks for the help reading this thread was. I had been on calls with with about every one at Telus and even got put thru to HTC, all with no results. This was Tues AM to Turs PM.
This morning I got a call from a tech who was "the person". Went thru the usual stuff and then he run a trace while I was connecting. After a few adjustments on his end and as many restarts on mine........OMG (can I use that?) IT WORKS.
So now there "should" be an answer for others calling in.

Me talking to Telus reps...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
activation, data connection, evdo, telus, touch pro 2