PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 12:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Want My Pics To Only Open In Stock Album App

i installed kinoma free player on my tp2 and now some of my pics open in the stock album app and a few open in kinoma free player. Is there any kind of way i can set it so that all pictures only open in the stock album app?
Old 09-27-2009, 01:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Want My Pics To Only Open In Stock Album App

Use Resco file explorer. click and hold the file, choose 'open with', and select your preferred app.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:05 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Total Commander also does this. hold-click on the file, and choose properties. Then you can change the file association for those file extensions.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

WOW, that POS Kinoma is STILL stealing file associations?????

God, I hate that program.....

~John
Old 09-30-2009, 08:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Kinoma freeplay exhibits this behavior, but Kinoma play has the option to disable and re-enable file associations. Its a nice app. Well worth every cent of the $6 bucks i paid using trial pay to get it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
WOW, that POS Kinoma is STILL stealing file associations?????

God, I hate that program.....

~John
Ya.. I agree. Its a thief that never quits. i had to hard reset my pro1 when I just got infuriated by it.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I paid $30 for that POS program & I don't even bother to install it anymore.......

~John
Old 10-26-2009, 11:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Total Commander also does this. hold-click on the file, and choose properties. Then you can change the file association for those file extensions.
when i click properties it takes me to a page that has a general tab at the top and says Location and size, and attributes and last modified date....

where do i go to change the associations?
Old 10-27-2009, 01:15 AM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

I was extemely disappointed in the aggressive behaviors exhibited by Kinoma and it will never see the light of my device again ;(
Old 11-02-2009, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: n/a

Charles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
I was extemely disappointed in the aggressive behaviors exhibited by Kinoma and it will never see the light of my device again.
That's the way the OS works. Apps register the file types they can handle, and the OS decides what gets launched. Current versions of Windows Mobile lack even XP-level "open with" functionality, which is one of the many reasons most serious WinMo users need a 3rd-party file manager utility.

Kinoma Play provides just enough "file manager" functionality so that advanced users can set OS file associations without leaving the app (see below).

-- Charles Wiltgen

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2