PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Post your Keyboard Config (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92517)

WisdomWolfX 11-18-2009 10:25 PM

Re: Post your Keyboard Config

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowspeed (Post 1303272)
The whole point is to post the config file... no one other than the OP did.

I'm glad someone else noticed that.

psycho_maniac 11-18-2009 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fn + z = ctrl+z
Fn + c = ctrl+c
Fn + v -= ctrl+v
Fn + del = ctrl+del
fn + left = ctrl+left
Fn + right = ctrl+right
SMS = tab

CovKid66 11-18-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowspeed (Post 1303272)
The whole point is to post the config file... no one other than the OP did.
Quote:

Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX (Post 1342192)
I'm glad someone else noticed that.

That's not how I read the OP...it says share ideas...not XML file. However, it definitely may have been helpful to post the file too, especially in those case where people are asking how certain keys, like the DEL, were mapped. Personally I found it most useful to scan through what ideas / mappings people were coming up with.

@WisdomWolfX: Might I recommend you remove the v1.3.2 cab on your first post and add a link to the XDA thread instead so users can always get the latest rev regardless of when they visit this thread in the future. Case in point, there is a newer 1.4 version out now anyway.

WisdomWolfX 11-19-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CovKid66 (Post 1342280)
That's not how I read the OP...it says share ideas...not XML file. However, it definitely may have been helpful to post the file too, especially in those case where people are asking how certain keys, like the DEL, were mapped. Personally I found it most useful to scan through what ideas / mappings people were coming up with.

@WisdomWolfX: Might I recommend you remove the v1.3.2 cab on your first post and add a link to the XDA thread instead so users can always get the latest rev regardless of when they visit this thread in the future. Case in point, there is a newer 1.4 version out now anyway.

Good idea! Already taken care of.

CovKid66 11-19-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX (Post 1344609)
Good idea! Already taken care of.

And I went back and added my XML ;)

itbmd 11-20-2009 11:40 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was for the stock rom? I'm running CFays rom, and I want to change the send key to go to call history instead of the dialer screen.

Would it be similar to this thread, or completely different. Any advice appreciated. Many TIA.

briggs 11-24-2009 01:30 PM

Made myself a D pad with this app;

Double clicking the volume rocker up and down is up and down and double clicking send and end is left and right. I then made long press "back" enter and voila, Dpad.

I also made long press on the volume rocker be pg up pg down, this is nice for reading emails or this forum it just skips one page.

I also set dbl click windows key to open comm manager, and long press to open the taskmanager app in the windows directory that shows all processes, even those exclusive to the HTC taks manager. I also made double click back, close program.

This set up adds alot of functionality to the device with the keyboard closed. (amazing what you can get done sitting in a waiting room when you're bored)

I'm working on some other additions and will post my full config up soon.

[EDIT] Just wanted to say this is the most useful application for the TP2, hands down.

WisdomWolfX 11-24-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itbmd (Post 1346974)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was for the stock rom? I'm running CFays rom, and I want to change the send key to go to call history instead of the dialer screen.

Would it be similar to this thread, or completely different. Any advice appreciated. Many TIA.

I haven't specifically tried CFays ROM, but it should still work. I have used it on every ROM I've tested (Stock, MM, Juicy, NRG, etc) ant it has worked flawlessly.

jmorton10 11-24-2009 03:40 PM

Maybe someone can help me out here. I'm usually pretty good at figuring out this stuff, but I can't seem to get this to work.

I have been using VolDPAD in my VZ TP2 all along, but now running Juicy's ROM it doesn't work for me.

All I want the KB driver to do is duplicate the functions of VolDPAD. Can somebody please post me a config file to do this?????

What that program does is:

1. volume up button scrolls up

2. volume down button scrolls down

3. double click volume up: scroll left

4. double click volume down: scroll right

I don't care if the controls work for volume at all, I never change the volume anyway.

~John

WisdomWolfX 11-24-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1358236)
Maybe someone can help me out here. I'm usually pretty good at figuring out this stuff, but I can't seem to get this to work.

I have been using VolDPAD in my VZ TP2 all along, but now running Juicy's ROM it doesn't work for me.

All I want the KB driver to do is duplicate the functions of VolDPAD. Can somebody please post me a config file to do this?????

What that program does is:

1. volume up button scrolls up

2. volume down button scrolls down

3. double click volume up: scroll left

4. double click volume down: scroll right

I don't care if the controls work for volume at all, I never change the volume anyway.

~John

You want it to scroll up/down a whole page or just a line at a time?