PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tellme Installer!!! (extracted from Samsung Intrepid)

isnt there a google app that has way better functionality? i remember running it when i had an iphone but i dont know if there is a WM version....CAB anyone?
Old 10-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

istman is a n00b

I checked some of the files in the TellMe folder of Program Files. One file in particular is curious. "phonetopres_dpi_96_resh_240_resv_320.dll" To me this indicates this software is developed for a 320x240 resolution. Those with a Touch Pro and claiming the touch screen is working, are you referring only to the soft keys at the bottom of the touch screen or the actual blue program keys within the TellMe app? The settings screen would also be affected. If the touch screen is working within the app, is it possible to run the TP at that reduced resolution? Not that I want to. Just curious if others are.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
It "works" for me, for sending a text. But if it doesn't work broadly, like in Word, etc., I don't see any advantage to this software. Bing works great for the drugstore searches, and if I want to "speak" a text, I could just call the person.

that's odd to me, there are times when texting is easier or more efficient than a call. Otherwise, why have texting at all. It seems to be fairly popular from what I see. I know when I am in a meeting , I am actually able to read a text at times, but could never take a call. Heck I even read and answered a text during an outpatient surgery I had. lol I also seem to have a better success rate than some of the folks here. I would say it is accurate for me 90 percent of the time. I enunciate clearly , steady, and make sure I do not put two words right together . I would suggest taking some time to practice with background noise at a minimum and try to use small concise words.It seems to make it easier and flow with less "respeaks", although you would never guess that from my pic....lol
Old 10-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by istman View Post
I checked some of the files in the TellMe folder of Program Files. One file in particular is curious. "phonetopres_dpi_96_resh_240_resv_320.dll" To me this indicates this software is developed for a 320x240 resolution. Those with a Touch Pro and claiming the touch screen is working, are you referring only to the soft keys at the bottom of the touch screen or the actual blue program keys within the TellMe app? The settings screen would also be affected. If the touch screen is working within the app, is it possible to run the TP at that reduced resolution? Not that I want to. Just curious if others are.
The touch buttons work just fine on my wife's TP, on the screen and the softkeys. She is using a custom ROM (MR6.5), could it be responsible for the upsizing or haveing it work?
Old 10-27-2009, 05:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TYTN 2, HTC Fuze, and now HTC Tilt 2
Carrier: AT&T

MRVIZZIATO is a n00b

Ok so after reading all the posts and keeping up w/this thread, I'm starting to believe that this Tellme app is only working for Sprint and Verizon phones b/c I haven't seen anyone confirm it working beyond making it place a call for anyone on AT&T!! I have the htc Tilt2 on AT&T and it installed fine and im even able to use the touch features on screen and soft keys but sending a text or searching comes up short and its frustrating to say the least so I'm starting to believe since it was ported from a CDMA device maybe thats why its only been working on Sprint and Verizon?!?!?!?
Old 10-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

I installed the "fixed" Vlingo app when i first bought my phone and assigned it to the left hard key...IT messed up all my notification....Guess what? Installed the same type of app to my left hard key..And starting to day my sms messages wernt coming in...I hard reset because i wanted to clean some things up anyways..Im not saying this app will cause that issue for you, but strange how both apps i used VLINGO and TELL ME and mapped to left phone button caused notifications errors....Just becareful. PS for those who can tget it installed , your not missing out on much...The text feature is the best pt, but imagine saying 160 characters? Its not going to pick up every word you said..It will start guessing.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Orange

amnya is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to amnya Send a message via Yahoo to amnya Send a message via Skype™ to amnya

Works. Totally, and fully works, touch screen BIG BUTTONS (not the soft key buttons).
I said "Microsoft Stocks", then pressed the big red cancel button, and it worked. When i said "text contact_name", i could also touch the correct contact by touching the big button with the contact name in it.

So, it works. For me the only bad thing about TellMe is that it needs to be connected to the internet to be able to function, which for me, if a very VERY bad thing.

How i managed to make it work, throughout reading here on ppc geeks:
1. I installed the CAB i posted a couple of posts earlier.
2. Installed Microsoft Voice Command.
3. Reset the device, and it worked.

My device is a an HTC Touch Pro with EnergyROM 22.10.2009 - Windows Mobile 6.5 - Build 21864.

Cheers

Last edited by amnya; 10-27-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnya View Post
Works. Totally, and fully works, touch screen BIG BUTTONS (not the soft key buttons) I said, Microsoft Stocks, then pressed the big red cancel button, and it worked. When i say a text contact, i also can touch the correct contact by touching the big button with the contact name in it. So, it works. For me the only bad thing about TellMe is that it needs to be connected to the internet to be able to function, which for me, if a very VERY bad thing.

How i managed to make it work, throughout reading here on ppc geeks:
1. I installed the CAB i posted a couple of posts earlier.
2. Installed Microsoft Voice Command.
3. Reset the device, and it worked.

My device is a an HTC Touch Pro with EnergyROM 22.10.2009 witn windows mobile 6.5 build (21864).

Cheers

Yes ma'am glad you like it..This is TP2 forum so that's why its a large discussion...On the TP is works just fine.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X ---Verizon
Carrier: verizon

166486 is becoming a great contributor

this works for me and im using NSF new rom update 14th ...everything works including touch screen
Model: Touch Pro (Verizon)
Old 10-27-2009, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Verizon

skillzo1 is becoming a great contributor

I give up, i keep getting to 72 percent and it says install error.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2