PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint didn't give me a SIM (UIM/RIM) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92228)

bigchico67 10-25-2009 02:32 PM

Re: Sprint didn't give me a SIM (UIM/RIM)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCotta (Post 1262685)
I did go to the store and ask, they had no idea what i was talking about or where to get a hold of one. I'm just gonna go back and make it their problem, since they didn't give it to me in the first place. I'm not gonna deal with "customer service" again.

How did you get your phone?? new in box or replaced through advanced exchange??

krohnjw 10-28-2009 10:09 AM

If anyone got a refurb TP without a SIM I do have an extra from a NIB TP2 (dup ESN - wouldn't activate) I'd be willing to send to someone in need.

letsgoflyers81 10-28-2009 10:16 AM

My wife and I got our TP2s without SIM cards as well. We got them from a repair store in exchange for our TPs, they're not refurbished but came in OEM non-retail packaging. Fortunately I have access to plenty of deactivated T-Mobile SIM cards at work so I was able to pop on in to get rid of the notification. It's not useful for anything, but at least the notification is gone.

Meanee 10-28-2009 10:24 AM

Why do you need a SIM card anyway? Sprint's international rates are a ripoff anyway.

If you just want a SIM card, go to any mom and pop cell phone store and ask them for any used SIM cards. Some SIM cards cannot be reactivated and they may have a bunch of old ones laying around. Ask for one and you will get it for free most likely.

aznmode 10-28-2009 02:06 PM

I believe if you go to your network settings and change it to "CDMA Only" you wont get that error. Normally it's set to Global so it's looking for the card.

bigchico67 10-29-2009 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 1272306)
I believe if you go to your network settings and change it to "CDMA Only" you wont get that error. Normally it's set to Global so it's looking for the card.

That is correct, thanks for posting that fix.

letsgoflyers81 11-01-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 1272306)

I get the notification even when set to CDMA only. But for now I've got a disabled SIM in and it's working fine to prevent the notification.

cmdauria 11-01-2009 01:00 PM

Mine is already set to cdma only. Are there any other suggestions you can think of?

cmdauria 11-01-2009 04:01 PM

Somebody has to have another idea...Please!!!!!!!!

unsane 11-01-2009 04:08 PM

Just go get yourself a prepaid T-Mobile or something...the sprint sim is useless unless you plan to trravel outside the US...