PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Battery test with case holder - 30% loss (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92106)

saj070 10-24-2009 12:29 PM

Re: Battery test with case holder - 30% loss

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejmeister (Post 1260698)
Just to throw some more conjecture in, I think that my problem may be more a situation of the case being tight on the ON button on the top of the phone pushing the button as I walk. I've taken the phone out of the case and had the "DO you want to turn of your device?" message on the screen which would indicate that my case had held the button down for the requisite amount of time.

Guess if the phone was sitting on my desk in the case I could test it against it not in my case (like talked about above to see) but I still think that there is a problem with the phone turning on because the button gets pushed.

I installed S2U2 and think that with the 10 sec. turn off if the unlock slide isn't done that that has helped (because at max the screen only stays on for 10 sec if the button is the culprit).

My 2 cents adjusted for inflation....

i use pockeshield and my phone is a perfect fit the power button is open no interference at all with case...

i am 100% that the magnet is draining the power and yes i already tweaked my phone to "sidewake = zero"

that the first thing i did and still notice battery drainage. it was by luck that one night i had 60% power left the phone on the table went to sleep 8 hours later i still had 60% battery i said hmmm that is when i started experimenting with my case and you know the rest..

GrandMasterB 10-24-2009 01:19 PM

People really should stop to consider there are many other factors involved , such as if you "lock" the device before holstering OR if you listen to steaming music in the background, both those will break the magnet slide fix thus making it not such a "simple fix".

Even with the slide fix enabled when I remove my TP2 it makes the slide sound , instantly wakes up and is screaming hot and battery is depleted completely within 4 hours. Same phone, new case (no magnet) , same daily routine working in the shop with streaming music for 8 hours or so and this no longer happens and my battery life has increased 2 fold or more.

saj070 10-24-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandMasterB (Post 1260833)
I am glad to see that you have the final word here but the rest of us are trying to have a discussion.

Did you ever stop to consider there are many other factors involved , such as if you "lock" the device before holstering OR if you listen to steaming music in the background, both those will break the magnet slide fix thus making it not such a "simple fix".

Even with the slide fix enabled when I remove my TP2 it makes the slide sound , instantly wakes up and is screaming hot and battery is depleted completely within 4 hours. Same phone, new case (no magnet) , same daily routine working in the shop with streaming music for 8 hours or so and this no longer happens and my battery life has increased 2 fold or more.

well said i agree with you. we all here to make the most out oour TP2 and the experience good or bad we have..

WarChild 10-24-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

I am glad to see that you have the final word here but the rest of us are trying to have a discussion.

you should pm people if you feel the need to single anyone out.

WarChild 10-24-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

My TP2 doesnt do this, maybe we can compair eachothers cabs and tweeks and figure what might be causing yours, and others, phone to do this. After my "SlideWakeUp tweek" ( [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Hardware\DeviceMap\Keybd] Create new dword "SlideWakeup" with value of 0 and soft reset. ) my phone absolutely does not respond when passing any kind of magnet across it or sliding the keyboard even after several soft resets. It wil however do it after a hard reset.......;)

GrandMasterB 10-24-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 1262227)
you should pm people if you feel the need to single anyone out.

ClevelandWheeler is the best!!!

GrandMasterB 10-24-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 1262264)
My TP2 doesnt do this, maybe we can compair eachothers cabs and tweeks and figure what might be causing yours, and others, phone to do this. After my "SlideWakeUp tweek" ( [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Hardware\DeviceMap\Keybd] Create new dword "SlideWakeup" with value of 0 and soft reset. ) my phone absolutely does not respond when passing any kind of magnet across it or sliding the keyboard even after several soft resets. It wil however do it after a hard reset.......;)

That reg tweak works as long as you dont lock your device OR stream music in the background. Try locking your device , then put to sleep and then pass the magnet over it.

WarChild 10-24-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandMasterB (Post 1262269)
ClevelandWheeler is the best!!!

Your awesome thanks!:-$

WarChild 10-24-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandMasterB (Post 1262274)
That reg tweak works as long as you dont lock your device or stream music in the background. Try locking your device , them put to sleep and then pass the magnet over it.

I use S2U2 all the time but I dont stream music

GrandMasterB 10-24-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 1262275)
Your awesome thanks!:-$

You actually read my mind!:occasion5:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 1262277)
I use S2U2 all the time but I dont stream music

I have not used S2U2 on my TP2 but I did used to use it on my TP. I was using the stock WinMo lock. And I stream music all day everyday at work, its the only thing that keep me sane ( I think )