PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 03:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42
Sprint CDMA Data Auto Disconnect Registry Entries

I am not familiar with Verizon data. Sprint uses that #777 number. I don't think they are the same, so this may be semi-Sprint specific.

I have found two ways that let my data autodisconnect.

Here is the "classic" way which I found all over the net:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings]
"SuspendResume"=multi_sz:"GPRS_bye_if_device_off","","",""
"CacheTime"=dword:0000003c
"VPNCacheTime"=dword:0000003c
Here is another way that works:
Code:
"SuspendResume"=multi_sz:"#777","GPRS_bye_if_device_off","~GPRS!"
"CacheTime"=dword:0000003c
"VPNCacheTime"=dword:0000003c
and here is what I had in their before I started playing around with it:
Code:
"SuspendResume"=multi_sz:"#777","~GPRS!","",""
(I don't recall what my default cache time values were. They were high.)

Here is what I think is going on... if someone knows better then please tell us:

The SuspendResume key *IS* a multiline string key thatenables/disables the auto disconnect feature. That much is known and I accept. I am trying to understand the rest of it, as in why it is multiline and what the other possible values are supposed to do. Since it is a multiline string key and my original key had 2 values in it, I think they are flags.

I tried listing the flags in the opposite order:
Code:
"SuspendResume"=multi_sz:"#777","~GPRS!","GPRS_bye_if_device_off"
... but the auto disconnect did not work. I find it interesting that the autodisconnect did work in the other order though.

EDIT: "~GPRS_bye_if_device_off!" does not trigger the auto disconnect after the timer.

Just thought folks might want a quick reg-hack that will give them autodisconnect after 60 seconds. If so, then use the first or second method. If you like to tinker, then play around at your own risk.

EDIT: This works also: "SuspendResume"=multi_sz:"#777","GPRS_bye_if_devic e_off","GPRS_bye_if_device_off"

I don't see any difference between it and the other two working versions yet, but maybe someone more intimately familiar with these settings would chime in. I know that my TP and Diamond would both get screwed up by extra crap in the SuspendResume string, but those phones didn't have a GSM radio and SIM card, just the CDMA guts.

Last edited by quarky42; 10-22-2009 at 03:34 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA
Re: Sprint CDMA Data Auto Disconnect Registry Entries

disconnect network when idle for 1 min timeout

Code:
HKLM\Comm\CommMgr\Planner\Settings\
Set "SuspendResume" to 58 00 00 00 33 00 99 00 88 00 39 00 58 00 39 00 29
Default is #777 and should not contain anything about GRPS
Set "CacheTime" to 60
setting SuspendResume" to "58 00 00 00 33 00 99 00 88 00 39 00 58 00 39 00 29"
makes it so you can make calls while you have a data connection.
YOU CANNOT have both on at same time
before you COULD NOT answer any calls
while you had data present.
now it disconnects the data and
makes it so you can answer calls

Thanks to Razorloves and psycho_maniac and this info was found here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69185

This works flawlessly on Sprint's and Verizon's TP2.
Radio 2.23.00WV
Old 10-22-2009, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

It may work, but I don't know if it is the right setting for our devices. The TP and Diamond have CDMA only. The TP2 DOES have GSM and CDMA though.

I have found that several things work:

"SuspendResume"=multi_sz:"GPRS_bye_if_device_off", "","",""
"SuspendResume"=multi_sz:"#777","GPRS_bye_if_devic e_off","",""
"SuspendResume"=multi_sz:"#777","GPRS_bye_if_devic e_off","GPRS_bye_if_device_off"

All three of those coupled with a 60 second delay time cause the device to auto-disconnect.

Also, please understand that with many registry editors you can look at the SuspendResume key in two ways. One is a "Binary" according to the editor which really should be called HEX... that is the code posted above this post... It is hex. You can also look at the key in a more normal way and it will show the string in there. I am using PHM Registry Editor and looking at the string itself.

http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2008/03/...rs-on-ppc.html
http://www.andrewsayshello.com/windo...ctions-in-wm6/
Old 11-02-2009, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have played with various values and tried the HD Tweak program... yet no matter what I do, my phone still connects to data very frequently (many times per day) and it still will not autodisconnect after 30 or 60 seconds.

Has anyone identified what process is causing all the data connects in the first place on the Sprint TP2?
Old 01-12-2010, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

IsmaelPR1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarky42 View Post
It may work, but I don't know if it is the right setting for our devices. The TP and Diamond have CDMA only. The TP2 DOES have GSM and CDMA though.

I have found that several things work:

"SuspendResume"=multi_sz:"GPRS_bye_if_device_off", "","",""
"SuspendResume"=multi_sz:"#777","GPRS_bye_if_devic e_off","",""
"SuspendResume"=multi_sz:"#777","GPRS_bye_if_devic e_off","GPRS_bye_if_device_off"

All three of those coupled with a 60 second delay time cause the device to auto-disconnect.

Also, please understand that with many registry editors you can look at the SuspendResume key in two ways. One is a "Binary" according to the editor which really should be called HEX... that is the code posted above this post... It is hex. You can also look at the key in a more normal way and it will show the string in there. I am using PHM Registry Editor and looking at the string itself.

http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2008/03/...rs-on-ppc.html
http://www.andrewsayshello.com/windo...ctions-in-wm6/
What I have discovered is that with the Verizon TP2 when you have anything with the letters GPRS in the SuspendResume section you get a nasty lag when you slide to answer an incoming call, sometimes lagging so much that the calls just hangs completely. But with the edits listed in the second post it works perfectly, as it should.

Thanks!!!

"
Never regret anything that made you smile..."
Old 01-12-2010, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsmaelPR1 View Post
What I have discovered is that with the Verizon TP2 when you have anything with the letters GPRS in the SuspendResume section you get a nasty lag when you slide to answer an incoming call, sometimes lagging so much that the calls just hangs completely. But with the edits listed in the second post it works perfectly, as it should.

Thanks!!!
Before starting this thread, what I said worked for me.

A few days after starting this thread I saw the behavior you have described. The entry in the second post did not "auto disconnect" for me, but I will be glad to try it again since what I had found searching Google doesn't seem to be right either.

I don't understand why it worked for me at first and then started to crap out. Some registry hiccup or something. I don't use the slide to answer much now as I have gotten into the habit of using the hardware button. I'll try changing the key to what's shown in post #2 and give it a shot.

These CDMA/GSM phones sure are strange ;?) I love mine though. It may be a bit thick, and it is a bit slow, but I'll be damned if it doesn't do a ton of different things with a nice large high res screen to boot.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarky42 View Post
Before starting this thread, what I said worked for me.

A few days after starting this thread I saw the behavior you have described. The entry in the second post did not "auto disconnect" for me, but I will be glad to try it again since what I had found searching Google doesn't seem to be right either.

I don't understand why it worked for me at first and then started to crap out. Some registry hiccup or something. I don't use the slide to answer much now as I have gotten into the habit of using the hardware button. I'll try changing the key to what's shown in post #2 and give it a shot.
I used the tweak with the long number string in the 2nd post & it continued to give me inconsistent performance like hangs, unable to answer while browsing & unable to reconnect to the net with a #777 popup.

What's also interesting was that by using that tweak, it also gave a timer when I tap the connection strength icon in the taskbar that shows me the running time of how long I was connected.

I used a cab that basically puts back "SuspendResume"=#777
Now my data connection arrows are still solid showing connected (all the time) without the timer & I am able to answer my calls & web browse consistently again.
This probably puts me back to square one unfortunately.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:43 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff

Old topic, I know... but SuspendResume"="#777","GPRS_bye_if_device_off" seems to work for me on the TP2.

Also, it on "separate lines" like...

Default:
~GPRS!

New:
GPRS_bye_if_device_off

There is no "bye_if_device_off" setting for CDMA according to MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc510499.aspx although one seems to be referenced here: http://www.diypda.com/archiver/?tid-195178-page-3.html

Last edited by ksg; 07-18-2011 at 01:02 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2