PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question How to deactivate TouchFlo?

I'd like to completely remove TF3D2 from my TP2. Since that's not yet an option though, how can I turn it off and return to the standard WM 6.1 Today screen?

When I clicked on the Start menu to get to Settings > Today, it brought me to the Programs tab of TF3D2. When I clicked Settings there, it sent me to TF3D2 settings.

I opened File Explorer and navigated to My Device\Windows\Start Menu\. It had all the normal entries from what I could tell, including a Settings directory. Unfortunately, the Settings directory was empty.

Help!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: How to deactivate TouchFlo?

Try going to Settings in TouchFlo and tap on All Settings. You will get stardard Control Panel. There, you can access Today applet and uncheck TouchFlo.

I am installing buncha stuff on it now so can't test it, but this is how I'd do it. Kind of dislike the fact that HTC forces you to use TouchFlo for everything, even tho I like it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanee View Post
Try going to Settings in TouchFlo and tap on All Settings. You will get stardard Control Panel. There, you can access Today applet and uncheck TouchFlo.

I am installing buncha stuff on it now so can't test it, but this is how I'd do it. Kind of dislike the fact that HTC forces you to use TouchFlo for everything, even tho I like it.
Meanee,

Thank you, your suggestion worked. I somehow missed seeing the 'All Settings' button. CRS syndrome is in full swing over here. I dislike TF3D (all variants) because HTC seems to presume that I must be an idiot and can only use the phone if the underlying system is hidden from view. Sorry to buck the trend, but I bought a WM Professional phone knowing what to expect, and I don't want or need the phone to hold my hand through every little thing.

Also, the standard Today screen squeezes a lot more info on-screen at once, and it uses less RAM and system resources in general.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

this worked on the tp if you want the classic volume options

delete HTCVolume folder in Registry
Old 09-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
Meanee,

Thank you, your suggestion worked. I somehow missed seeing the 'All Settings' button. CRS syndrome is in full swing over here. I dislike TF3D (all variants) because HTC seems to presume that I must be an idiot and can only use the phone if the underlying system is hidden from view. Sorry to buck the trend, but I bought a WM Professional phone knowing what to expect, and I don't want or need the phone to hold my hand through every little thing.

Also, the standard Today screen squeezes a lot more info on-screen at once, and it uses less RAM and system resources in general.
If you want something a bit more than WM's standard Today screen, try SPB Mobile Shell 3. They have a trial. Only complaint I had, it ran like crap on my Touch Pro 1. Did not try it on TP2, and their Professional layout is pretty well thought out.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & MS 3.5

SKS06460 is keeping up the good workSKS06460 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
If you want something a bit more than WM's standard Today screen, try SPB Mobile Shell 3. They have a trial. Only complaint I had, it ran like crap on my Touch Pro 1. Did not try it on TP2, and their Professional layout is pretty well thought out.
+1 I loaded MS3 on my Diamond. I will load it on my TP2 when it comes.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thanks, but I've heard many reports that MS3 has some known battery drain effects and is a resource hog for what it does. Until I can find a simple launcher that can pin programs to the Today screen (small icons preferred), I'll use QuickMenu.

That's all I need from my Today screen that it doesn't already have - Quick access to commonly used programs.

I also don't care to pay for software, just a personal preference. I prefer freeware.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:41 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
Thanks, but I've heard many reports that MS3 has some known battery drain effects and is a resource hog for what it does. Until I can find a simple launcher that can pin programs to the Today screen (small icons preferred), I'll use QuickMenu.

That's all I need from my Today screen that it doesn't already have - Quick access to commonly used programs.

I also don't care to pay for software, just a personal preference. I prefer freeware.
heres your app launcher for today screen, www.elecont.com its like 5bucks though... i use this on 6.1... heck i used it till a month ago when i started flashing... been using it since the mogul...

**edit** why stop here, wanna edit your icons for elecont and ur device in general... SKmanager(see attachment).. 14day trial, more than enough time to get your icons done.. it uses .dll files for icons FYI... i have a few dlls laying around if you want em... nothing special, and im not the creator

also if you want system status plugin too, go here: http://corner-a.com/page.php?3 ...FREE!!.. you have to get the Touch HD icons though because of the resolution, then click the "small icons" box when loading them... you can fit 5 status tabs across the top, in portrait, with the HD icons... if you use the others, their significantly smaller--if thats what u want then its an option
Attached Files
File Type: zip SKSMGR.ZIP (421.2 KB, 0 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 09-09-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

livejazz is becoming a great contributor

Also, it seems that HTC hasn't quite got the knack of handling all the contacts and emails that some of us harbor on their phones. MS has been doing this for, oh, how long now. Oh, yeah, about as long as I have been using Windows Mobile devices which is as long as they have been making them. I don't know if HTC just can't come up with a few thousand contacts to beta test, but I do know that the MS contacts manager does fine and this one doesn't.Even my TP1 did fine because HTC hadn't gone as far as they have, now. Yes, Microsoft Programmers, kudos to you. Looking forward to WM7!

matt

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2