PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Time for a "Still Love my TP2" Thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90876)

gutrrob 10-17-2009 03:01 PM

Re: Time for a "Still Love my TP2" Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotboy8628 (Post 1242313)
lol funny...tho hun lol some of the things they said are tru. The processor is older but it's for better gps (no lag with tp2) and the the tp has more rom and ram. I've filled up my tp2 internal memory once and i never did when i had my tp..but nevertheless I still love my tp2 way over my tp!!!

The ram and rom are idenical, once we start flashing our TP2 and rid all that bloatware and pre loading at startup you will notice they are the same. The cpu on the TP is a MSM7200 which is newer and has the CDMA radio, The TP2 cpu is a MSM7600 which is older but has the GSM/CDMA radioI consider the MSM7600 a upgrade

Herbal954 10-17-2009 04:52 PM

still lovin my TP2 aswell, my last wm device was a mogul..so this one is so much nicer

msh441 10-17-2009 08:02 PM

2 stuck white pixels (only visible in camera mode in a dark room).

Rub marks from opening and closing the keyboard.

1 hard reset after a .cab broke my clock and uninstalling the .cab didn't fix it.

I seriously still LOVE this device. It's the best Windows Mobile device I've owned (and I've been a WinMo user for just over 15 years). Now running a combo of the At0m Enhanced 3D driver and NeoS 2007 Driverpack 3. Touchflo freakin' FLYS!!! (as does everything else on the device. Smooth as silk.

This is going to be the "it" device for the next 12-18 months until Windows Mobile 7 comes out in conjunction with the next generation processors.

CovKid66 10-17-2009 09:02 PM

Had mine for well over 2 months now and love it as much now as when I first got it. Still lovin' this keyboard more than any other...same goes for the screen. Can't really find any major fault with it. My original concerns about a lack of d-pad have gone...you adapt.

I was never really happy with my TP1...hence why I switched back and forth between that and my 6800 originally, and then a Treo Pro later on. Back then I was still looking for the ultimate smartphone, and the TP1 wasn't it. Then the TP2 came along. I've not regretted the upgrade for an instant.

Actually I do have one complaint, and that is the BT issues...but hey, nothing's perfect in this world, but this ain't far off :mrgreen:

IM0001 10-18-2009 12:06 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutrrob
Quote:

Originally Posted by hotboy8628 (Post 1242313)
lol funny...tho hun lol some of the things they said are tru. The processor is older but it's for better gps (no lag with tp2) and the the tp has more rom and ram. I've filled up my tp2 internal memory once and i never did when i had my tp..but nevertheless I still love my tp2 way over my tp!!!

The ram and rom are idenical, once we start flashing our TP2 and rid all that bloatware and pre loading at startup you will notice they are the same. The cpu on the TP is a MSM7200 which is newer and has the CDMA radio, The TP2 cpu is a MSM7600 which is older but has the GSM/CDMA radioI consider the MSM7600 a upgrade

This is true, the TP and TP2 have the same ammount of rom and ram, after tweeking the ram can be as free as on the TP but the Rom is kinda small atm. Still no real issue. If the 7600 is older than the 7200 it sure doesnt feel like it since it doesnt overheat and seams to definitly run faster than the old TP. The phone still has a problem with heat from charging instead of the radio this time (with my waterproof motorcycle mount) still working on a fix but it still isnt near as bad as my old TP2.

supdawg 10-18-2009 01:35 AM

I just spent some time with my old TP1, which I am handing down to my wife.. And OMG, that phone sucks!

Made me appreciate how beautiful and responsive the stock TP2 is. The people who think the TP2 is just a screen upgrade over the TP1 are silly.