PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 08:30 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Random Resets?

Hmm..the phone seems to randomly reset here and there. At first I thought it may have been me pressing some keys when i put it down or etc..but I just had it reset randomly while not even touching it.

Battery is full and it is charging while doing phone as modem using wifi, but It happened once when I wasn't doing the wifi. Anyone experience this issue?

This doesn't happen often like maybe once or twice a week max.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-24-2009, 10:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

boba6421 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Random Resets?

I had my phone reset randomly on me while it was just sitting. I layed it down, and a min later i heard it vibrate and saw it resetting itself. I did have a hefty web page i left in the background in opera and remember the memory being over 70% before i stopped touching it.
Ever since i installed the two performance tweaks to release a lot of ram (push internet and proxy cabs) i have not had the issue at all.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:53 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

I recently installed push internet (not proxy cab yet), had the issue before and after.

If its a memory clogging issue, thats pretty weird that the functionality they choose is to reset the phone rather then clean up unused apps.

Still 70% does not warrant it..and in both cases we used the connection..maybe its the radio :/
Old 09-30-2009, 02:30 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Okay..now restarts are happening once a day at least...anyone else experiencing this/know how to fix it?

This also happens on a fresh boot..the only thing I can say in common is the use of the data...maybe the wifi...
Old 09-30-2009, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

xr7kid is just getting started

I started getting random resets last night. It did it 3 times! I called Sprint and I'll exchange it for a new one when they're in stores. Hope it's just a fluke.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

golflover1 is a n00b

I posted in another thread, but my TP2 consistently reboots if I use Opera to go to a secure Google site. No other secure site or non-secure Google site, only secure Google sites. Not have the problem with the other browsers either. This just started happening yesterday.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134

my tp2 soft resets when i am playing music. i was thinking it freezes and does a soft reset similar to windows when it restarts your machine if it encounters problems.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2