PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 02:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Android on CDMA TP2?

Does anyone know the progress of porting Android to the TP2? I checked XDA Devs and Google and got very little on it.

If someone could direct me to current information, I'd appreciate it.

I'd love to have a modified bootloader that offers a choice between Windows Mobile and Android when the phone is started up. My inner geek would be very happy if that could be arranged...
Old 10-16-2009, 02:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Re: Android on CDMA TP2?

I'll trade you for a vogue with android. projects like android take way too much dev time to always be on the cutting edge with our hardware.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 10-16-2009, 02:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
I'll trade you for a vogue with android. projects like android take way too much dev time to always be on the cutting edge with our hardware.
No thanks.. No WiFi on the Vogue, at least not without sacrificing the microSD card slot. Plus the 2.8" screen would feel like going back in time. Ironically, if it included WiFi.. I'd snap up one in a heartbeat as a cheap little "iPod Touch" type of machine for GPS Nav, media, games, and web browsing.

What do you mean by "projects like android take way too much dev time to always be on the cutting edge with our hardware"? Basically that by the time it was ported the next new phone would be out and demanding dev resources?
Old 10-16-2009, 02:22 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
No thanks.. No WiFi on the Vogue, at least not without sacrificing the microSD card slot. Plus the 2.8" screen would feel like going back in time. Ironically, if it included WiFi.. I'd snap up one in a heartbeat as a cheap little "iPod Touch" type of machine for GPS Nav, media, games, and web browsing.

What do you mean by "projects like android take way too much dev time to always be on the cutting edge with our hardware"? Basically that by the time it was ported the next new phone would be out and demanding dev resources?
they never even got it fully working with the TP before TP2 came out... i think there's very little chance of a TP2 port in the near future

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2