PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tizzle Prizzle Deux
Carrier: MetroPCS

tguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
First Touch Pro2 on MetroPCS!

I would like to say thank you to pimpsuprazx for all your help with this thread. Too many questions to handle by myself. Couldn't do it without you brother.

Ladies and Gents,
I have done it!
I have what I believe the first Touch Pro2 on MetroPCS Network! Full Talk, Text, and Internet w/ Google push email working! Sorry about the exclamations but I'm excited. I still have to setup the Picture Messaging, but it should be straight forward and easy to do.
I got it done after everyone told me "There's no way to do it!" and "Metro doesn't support TP2 only TP"
Well the flash was successful, but a little tricky to do. If there is a high demand for it, I would be more than happy to write up my how to guide.
-T Roy
Picture Messaging works for me!

Since the Rhodium is not yet supported by HoudiniSoft there a re a couple starting steps...

First you must get the MSL code, which is usually given from sprint. Unfortunately it's like pulling teeth. BAFTools MSL Grabber unfortunately does not work. The only other option is to use a third party for software. (I used CDMA Workshop)

1. Download and install drivers:http://helpdesk.houdinisoft.com/downloads/QDHTC.msi
Note: Notice Screenshots within installation

2. Open the phone keypad and dial ##3424# then Plug in the handset.

3. When “Found New Hardware Wizard” prompts you will select “Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)” option.

4. Then you will click browse and look for the following location: “(C Local Disk > Program Files > QD > HTC Driver Install”. Then select OK.

5. Drivers will install and you will repeat step ‘”3:” For every prompt of the “Found New Hardware Wizard”

6. Then open up your 3rd party software and fins your MSL. Write it down, then replace it with 000000 and write that to the phone.

7. Reboot the phone

8. Open up the phone keypad again and type in ##778#, click Edit, and enter 000000 for your code.

9. Download the following file and put it on your phone or memory card in the phone...anywhere... http://corolada.com/prl/metropcs/02001.prl
**UPDATE** There is a newer PRL attached to this walkthrough. 02003**

10. On the phone click on "View info" in the bottom left and scroll to "PRL"

11. 'Right Click' (hold down finger) on the Update PRL spot and goto 'Edit'

12. Do a Browse... and find that 02001.prl file. Finish the update and reboot the phone.

13. Now you will find that it is on the MetroPCS network and ready to be 'Metro Flashed'. Sorry but this is the only way to get it in the metro pcs inventory legally. Note: Don't waste your time taking it to a corporate metro pcs store, noone there knows anything about anything. Friendly but not too smart. Take it to a METRO PCS AUTHORIZED RESELLER. Craigslist could work too but can be very sketchy. Find somewhere that can flash a touch pro to metro. It now flashes just the same as a touch pro. But it will not flash if you have not done all the steps up til this.

14. Once you get the phone flashed over follow these directions to get Internet and Picture Messaging:

WAP

1: Download Dot Fred's Task Manager and goto services. Stop the CM_Guardian. Then Highlight it and find it in the registry. Once in the Registry highlight CM_Guardian and remove the complete directory.

NOTE: This file is what resets your Sprint connection to its default settings despite editing these settings. Disabling this file by deleting or replacing it is critical.

2: Then soft Reset.

3: Open your phone and enter ##778#, select "EDIT" and enter your unlock code.

4: Set the following values:

M.IP Settings:
MIP_MODE = Simple IP Only

M.IP Default Profile:
NAI = yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
Home Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
Primary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
Secondary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)

5: Goto Connections and delete any existing connections and setup a new one using the following settings:

Number to dial = #777
Username: yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
Password: metropcs
Domain: (Leave Blank)

Select Proxy Settings and enter the following values:
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (http)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:443 (secure wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (socks)

6: Back in the "Connections" screen where you have two tabs at the bottom of the screen of "Tasks" and "Advanced", go to Advanced, click on "Select Networks" and select the name of the connection you just setup.

Example if you leave as Sprint then choose that one as your internet connection and do it for both settings.

MMS

1. MAKE SURE YOUR WEB IS WORKING PROPERLY (ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS) AS YOU CAN'T HAVE MMS WITHOUT WORKING INTERNET!!!!!

1a: Using a registry editor goto HKLM/SOFTWARE/Arcsoft/Arcsoft MMS/UA/Config/UI

Find EnableServerEdit and change it to "1"

2: Open your Messaging and click on the SMS/MMS option.

3: Click on "Menu" and select "MMS Options" then select the "CDMA Servers" tab.

4: Add a new server with the following settings:

Server Name: metropcs
Gateway: wap.metropcs.net
Port number: 3128
Server address: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
Connect via: SELECT THE CONNECTION YOU SETUP ABOVE
Send limit: 500K

5: Click "Done" and then set the new server as default.

6: Using a Registry Editor edit the following values:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader2]

ADD STRING -> "X-metropcs-MDN"="XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number )
ADD STRING -> "X-DEVICE-MIN"="1XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number WITH the 1 in front of it )

7: Hit the thanks button! It's hard typing all this stuff. Mods may want to sticky this.

Voila! Now wasn't that so simple? If you have the touch pro it's almost the same. Just make sure you have someone to MetroFlash it that is an Authorized MetroPCS Reseller and that they know how to flash the Touch or the Touch Pro or Diamond or Mogul.... etc.

There is a final step... There is a service on the phone called CM_Guardian that is continuously resetting your connection to Sprint settings. Remove this. Sorry, meant to put that in the walkthrough. I believe To do this, set the following key in the registry:

HKLM\Services\CMGuardian
Flags = 4 (it's a DWORD if it doesn't exist.)

Thank you to whoever typed up some of this post the first time around. It has helped so many people I am glad I can add to it to make sure that I help more people as well.

I have picture messaging working, Please donate
Attached Files
File Type: rar 02003.rar (1.5 KB, 408 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by tguerena; 10-21-2009 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Finished Pic Messaging
This post has been thanked 25 times.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:27 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Re: First Touch Pro2 on MetroPCS!

Go ahead and write up your guide, this is important information for some people and it wouldn't hurt.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

celitrd2 is a n00b

which carrier version of TP 2 did you use?
Old 10-01-2009, 06:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MakuSoto is just getting started

Yes Please write up ur guide on how u got the tp2 on MetroPCS. Could u also provide the flash as well?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tguerena View Post
Ladies and Gents,
I have done it!
I have what I believe the first Touch Pro2 on MetroPCS Network! Full Talk, Text, and Internet w/ Google push email working! Sorry about the exclamations but I'm excited. I still have to setup the Picture Messaging, but it should be straight forward and easy to do.
I got it done after everyone told me "There's no way to do it!" and "Metro doesn't support TP2 only TP"
Well the flash was successful, but a little tricky to do. If there is a high demand for it, I would be more than happy to write up my how to guide.
-T Roy
Old 10-01-2009, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I used the Sprint Version. But I'm sure I could do it with the Verizon version as well.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

grats, good stuff
Old 10-01-2009, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Walkthrough has been typed up and uploaded. Enjoy!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

This is awesome, I know alot of friends that will find this very useful.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I could F*cking kiss you, so I cant just plug it up to houdini and let it run? (I own a store btw) not trying to sound ****y, just a little lazy lol.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

on houdini, what phone did you pick so it would get detected and finish properly?

Reason I ask is because mine's finishes at 99.99% and says fail.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2