PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How would you rate the battery life on your TP2?
I am really pleased with the TP2's battery life. 60 64.52%
I am definitely not pleased with the TP2's battery life. 13 13.98%
I haven't decided yet. 18 19.35%
It isn't an important issue for me. 2 2.15%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How would you rate the battery life on your TP2?

I have the Sprint CDMA model and the battery is lasting me all day with plenty of power to spare. I rate myself a moderate user when it comes to texting and send & receive about 50-60 emails daily. I also use Opera and surf the internet 2-3 times daily.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

rhyzar is a n00b
Re: How would you rate the battery life on your TP2?

In comparison to all my other Smart Phones (Omnia, i760, 6700) my TP2 is alot better. I can go about 2 days with moderate usage pretty easily (2.5 days til power off). All my other phones would die at 1.5 days at most.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

beecee is a n00b

My Sprint TP was rediculous with battery life, halfway through the day it was dead... My Tmobile TP2 usually lasts a day and half now.

I use web browsing, YouTube and text like a crazy woman. I am also constantly connected to my companies exchange server from 6am - 9PM so active sync is hitting all day.
I rarely used the phone on my TP and rarely use the phone on my TP2.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I get great battery life, but always wondered if people are just PERCEIVING their battery life to be lower now that they can see it in 1% increments
Old 09-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
I get great battery life, but always wondered if people are just PERCEIVING their battery life to be lower now that they can see it in 1% increments
i was able to see 1% increments on the tp1 and mogul and i can say by far the tp2 is the best. the tp1 wouldnnt last half a day. i never left home without 2 spare batteries in the glove compartment. i am a heavy user and i always end up using 1 of those batteries. now i can make it a whole day on 1 battery, so for sure its better not a mind trick
Old 09-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

It is way great! I can go all day and then some and never think about it once. I even spend about an hour or two a day using it as the wifi router...tons of calls and text and email...and qik..love it

Old 09-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Considering how craptacular the tp1 was I will have to go with excellent for the tp2 considering it essentially the same hardware for the most part.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work

My battery sucks but i have to believe thats its either something i installed or Opera since it was great when i first got the phone. Easily lasted at least a day and a half. Now my battery drops 10% in ten minutes. It could be the three email accounts that i have set to check for mail every 10 minutes.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzgeneral View Post
My battery sucks but i have to believe thats its either something i installed or Opera since it was great when i first got the phone. Easily lasted at least a day and a half. Now my battery drops 10% in ten minutes. It could be the three email accounts that i have set to check for mail every 10 minutes.
lol yup that's prob it.
i was getting 24hrs at first, but now i have 6 emails accounts (1 being push mail). i get about 12 hrs now with medium-heavy usage.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

I am a HEAVY TP2 user!!!! I am on the net like at least 10 times a day for about 15 minutes minimum! I make at least 10 calls a day varying in length, I text like crazy, and have 4 pushing emails set at 2hrs push. I run my biz off this device, so far I don't have nay complaints about it. I usually have it charging all night, then have to start recharging at about 4-5 pm.... so to me, it lasts awhile. Only 1 day did I not use my TP2 at all and didn't recharge it that night either just to see, the next morning, I had 80% left, so I think it is GREAT!!!!

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2