PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Multiple Email Accounts (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87803)

zulu 09-28-2009 10:05 PM

Multiple Email Accounts

One question which I'm sure has been asked before but I've been unable to find with a search....

How do I make my TP2 do what I could do with Blackberry's BIS service? I want to be able to push several email accounts to my device like I could with my 'berry. So far, it's looking like my only option is to enter the pop info in and just schedule send/receive in Pocket Outlook. Are you serious? I'm back to having to poll a server? I need instant gratification and it looks like all a hosted exchange account does is let me aggregate, but I can't change which account I reply from on the fly. Help me Obi Wan!!

p-slim 09-28-2009 10:28 PM

Re: Multiple Email Accounts

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulu (Post 1200713)
One question which I'm sure has been asked before but I've been unable to find with a search....

How do I make my TP2 do what I could do with Blackberry's BIS service? I want to be able to push several email accounts to my device like I could with my 'berry. So far, it's looking like my only option is to enter the pop info in and just schedule send/receive in Pocket Outlook. Are you serious? I'm back to having to poll a server? I need instant gratification and it looks like all a hosted exchange account does is let me aggregate, but I can't change which account I reply from on the fly. Help me Obi Wan!!

thats what makes a blackberry a blackberry and pretty much the only reason they are around. They are the only phone that does the push email immediately, which is why most companies charge a seperate blackberry charge. gmail just recently upgraded their service to work with microsoft exchange so that is the only company, yahoo and all the others are only pop 3 and imap.

psycho_maniac 09-28-2009 10:47 PM

well windows mobile does it but you have to have an exchange server. if you have a gmail email you can do this finally. only to one email on the phone. then you have like 10 emails but you have to tell the phone to scan every x mins, hours.

if you dont like this feature on the windows mobile you can go back to your "berry" and im pretty sure somebody would kill to have the phone you have. including me

zulu 09-30-2009 06:09 PM

=;No thanks psycho. I bought this phone for a reason so I won't be going back to the "berry." Just dealing with the culture shock of a new device after being with the same one for almost a decade, and trying to get my bearings and a feel for the device's limitations. I appreciate the offer though.:thumbleft:

HBBates 09-30-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1200760)
thats what makes a blackberry a blackberry and pretty much the only reason they are around. They are the only phone that does the push email immediately, which is why most companies charge a seperate blackberry charge. gmail just recently upgraded their service to work with microsoft exchange so that is the only company, yahoo and all the others are only pop 3 and imap.

Not true exchange is immediately push email I used to use "web to mail" when it was free and would get my email faster on my phone then on my pc ..

As for Multiple Email Accounts that really simple..you just set each email account you have to forward a copy to your one push email account and then that account will push it to you

p-slim 09-30-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HBBates (Post 1205217)
Not true exchange is immediately push email I used to use "web to mail" when it was free and would get my email faster on my phone then on my pc ..

As for Multiple Email Accounts that really simple..you just set each email account you have to forward a copy to your one push email account and then that account will push it to you

this proves my point. im sorry i wasnt mentioning any other service because you have to pay for it. google is giving the service away for free.

zulu 09-30-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Problem is that I can't reply to those forwarded emails and look like I sent them from that email address. I do freelance work for a magazine and have a business and I need to be able to send/reply to emails from both of those domains where exchange will only allow me to send from/reply through only one domain. For now, I'll be using the Pocket Outlook and settle for polling every 15 minutes on the two "mission critical" email boxes and every 30 on the others.

Thanks for your answers so far guys. Thanks has already been given to everyone with a productive answer.:mrgreen:

CriketDaniel 01-22-2010 03:24 PM

Here is something I ran across wed searching on this issue.

windowsphoneexpert.com/Connection/forums/t/3551.aspx

(what a pain in the [-X ...it won't let me post the link properly but it should still work if you cut and paste it in the browser)

Let me know if this works … Post how you got it work if you try it.

sunNsnow 01-22-2010 04:59 PM

There is a company called "Seven" with a program called "Seven Beta" that is supposed to push your email to you [I read it somewhere a while ago]. You have to sign up for it and I've never gotten around to trying it because I'm not sure how tough it is on the battery and the website is fairly light on details on what Seven is supposed to do, what it looks like, etc.

Q_Q 01-26-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

I have several hotmail & gmail accounts - had forgotten about forwarding to hotmail to get instant push mail on the TP2...so thanks for reminder! :)

The only limitation I see is that your reply address will come from your one push email address, not the one(s) that receives the original inbound mail.

As for Google's Sync Gmail. Luv the concept but still buggy with all the inconsistent push & battery suckage.
Hotmail seems to have a good handle on it on my TP2 though.