PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Multiple Email Accounts (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87803)

AngeloUCF 01-26-2010 02:55 PM

Re: Multiple Email Accounts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunNsnow (Post 1509636)
There is a company called "Seven" with a program called "Seven Beta" that is supposed to push your email to you [I read it somewhere a while ago]. You have to sign up for it and I've never gotten around to trying it because I'm not sure how tough it is on the battery and the website is fairly light on details on what Seven is supposed to do, what it looks like, etc.

I used to use that on my moto q... worked fairly well but was really unstable on the phone. Lots of screen updating issues. That was about a year ago though, I'm sure things have improved since then.

psycho_maniac 01-26-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q_Q (Post 1517652)
I have several hotmail & gmail accounts - had forgotten about forwarding to hotmail to get instant push mail on the TP2...so thanks for reminder! :)

The only limitation I see is that your reply address will come from your one push email address, not the one(s) that receives the original inbound mail.

As for Google's Sync Gmail. Luv the concept but still buggy with all the inconsistent push & battery suckage.
Hotmail seems to have a good handle on it on my TP2 though.

what are you saying here? that google sync uses more battery then a hotmail sync? im about to use gmail push and wanted to know if this would effect battery.

bastian74 01-26-2010 07:19 PM

How about poll every 3 minutes?

imsavant 01-26-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulu (Post 1200713)
One question which I'm sure has been asked before but I've been unable to find with a search....

How do I make my TP2 do what I could do with Blackberry's BIS service? I want to be able to push several email accounts to my device like I could with my 'berry. So far, it's looking like my only option is to enter the pop info in and just schedule send/receive in Pocket Outlook. Are you serious? I'm back to having to poll a server? I need instant gratification and it looks like all a hosted exchange account does is let me aggregate, but I can't change which account I reply from on the fly. Help me Obi Wan!!

What I do personally is use Seven for my email pushing. I Notice no battery draining at all and I have 3 gmail, 1 school and 1 live account pushed 24/7. Its instant for me as I usually get the mail on my phone before my computer. I also haven't had any issues with attachments.

Best part being that it is free!

psycho_maniac 01-26-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulu (Post 1200713)
One question which I'm sure has been asked before but I've been unable to find with a search....

How do I make my TP2 do what I could do with Blackberry's BIS service? I want to be able to push several email accounts to my device like I could with my 'berry. So far, it's looking like my only option is to enter the pop info in and just schedule send/receive in Pocket Outlook. Are you serious? I'm back to having to poll a server? I need instant gratification and it looks like all a hosted exchange account does is let me aggregate, but I can't change which account I reply from on the fly. Help me Obi Wan!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by imsavant (Post 1518622)
What I do personally is use Seven for my email pushing. I Notice no battery draining at all and I have 3 gmail, 1 school and 1 live account pushed 24/7. Its instant for me as I usually get the mail on my phone before my computer. I also haven't had any issues with attachments.

Best part being that it is free!

you can use one account for push mail. if you need more then one account for push you can use seven like imsavant said. depending on what phone/os you have depends on where the activesync program is. just open that and enter your email info. some email accounts dont have push mail. hotmail does, now gmail does. i do not know any others as thats all i use.