PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: verizon users... I FOUND FLORDIA!!!!

The reason the cover is not all black is to give the appearance that the phone is thin. If the entire phone was black then it would appear obviously thicker. It's the same reason all of the edges are beveled and curved. It probably would have had more impact if they just spelled out "World Phone" instead of a flaky map that they couldn't reproduce because of the texture.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Addiction View Post
The reason the cover is not all black is to give the appearance that the phone is thin. If the entire phone was black then it would appear obviously thicker.
That's actually a really good point. I hadn't thought of that.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
The reason the cover is not all black is to give the appearance that the phone is thin. If the entire phone was black then it would appear obviously thicker. It's the same reason all of the edges are beveled and curved. It probably would have had more impact if they just spelled out "World Phone" instead of a flaky map that they couldn't reproduce because of the texture.
Do you have any facts that this is why or is this just how you feel?? I would have to disagree. The sprint TP2 is a solid color and i'm pretty sure it looks no "thicker" than the verizon version. And i actually think it looks better. In fact it amuses me how thin the phone looks when laying on a table and i walk up to it. Verizon just chose that color scheme because thats what they liked just like when sprint chose to do the chrome edges and grey back for the original TP and verizon did all black. And that definitely didn't make the sprint TP look any smaller. And i also believe the bevels are there to make the phone fit more comfortable in your hand. Just my thoughts
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 09-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

It's kinda hard to be subjective unless you had a VZW TP2 to put beside yours to see how the breakup of the black gives the appearance of being thinner. I wasn't dissing on Sprint, just explaining the reasons for the design cues. Did you ever see the VZW TP1 in person? That thing looks like a brick with it's square sides and all black. The Sprint TP1, which I own as well, looked a lot thinner than VZW's.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
It's kinda hard to be subjective unless you had a VZW TP2 to put beside yours to see how the breakup of the black gives the appearance of being thinner. I wasn't dissing on Sprint, just explaining the reasons for the design cues. Did you ever see the VZW TP1 in person? That thing looks like a brick with it's square sides and all black. The Sprint TP1, which I own as well, looked a lot thinner than VZW's.
I have seen the original verizon touch pro in person and it actually looks smaller then the sprint version. They weren't side by side though. You must not be familiar with the fact that black is slimming lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:01 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I also thought the VZW TP looked smaller than my Sprint one too (saw it in person)
Old 09-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
You must not be familiar with the fact that black is slimming lol
We now I'm torn. You make a good argument too lol
Old 09-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
You must not be familiar with the fact that black is slimming lol
LOL, my Fiancé almost died laughing about this. +1 =D>
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mcmi11ions is just getting started

The Dancing Man likes the fact that someone found Florida!

Old 09-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

But stripes are more slimming. Hence the Black and Silver.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2