PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How do you all like the Touch Pro 2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87346)

muzicman82 09-26-2009 01:48 PM

How do you all like the Touch Pro 2?

Hello,

I currently have a Sprint Touch Pro, and ordered it the day sales went live on Sprint's website almost a year ago. It's been a great phone.

I am looking to upgrade to the Touch Pro 2 next month and was just curious how it stacks up. I've read a lot of reviews and the only downside seems to be that it is larger, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. That enables the keyboard and screen to be bigger.

Let me know what you guys think..

My other option right now would be the Palm Pre. I just set one up for someone else and I was quite impressed. The only thing I don't like about it is the tiny keyboard.

mikejones13 09-26-2009 02:08 PM

Re: How do you all like the Touch Pro 2?

well, I could say this is one of the best phones I have ever had. No true problems yes. The speaker phone is great and I love the keyboard. It boots up pretty quick and the service is great. I mean on my tp1 I couldn't get any service at my job but as soon as I would get a hlf block my tp1 would be in evdo. The touch pro 2 is WAY better, I get full service at my job and the battery life IMO is just awesome. Tp1 battery would only last 3 hrs at work but the TP2 the battery only lost 30% in 9hrs at work yesterday. Just my 2cents

muzicman82 09-26-2009 02:29 PM

That's great! I've never had much problems with the TP1 reception, but battery life could be better.

How is the screen? Its got much more pixels than the iPhone/Palm pre, which are both 320x480. TP2 is 480x800 right? I like pixels. Too bad its not a capacitive screen.

lotus f1 09-26-2009 03:20 PM

It's a nice phone... but it is a heavy lil sucker

Oxymoron238 09-26-2009 04:42 PM

I would really like to see how people like this phone compared to the first touch pro as well. I've seen some reviews on Pocketnow.com, and it seems like the Touch Pro 2 is worse than the first one (he said it has worse battery life, an older processor, larger and wider, etc). The guy on pocketnow, after mentioning the shortcomings of the pro2, turned around and said that it was worth the upgrade. So now I'm confused.

So yeah, make that two of us who wants to hear some reviews!

supdawg 09-26-2009 04:54 PM

Compared to my Tp1...

Battery life - as good or better than Tp1
Software/screen responsiveness - much better than Tp1.
Speakerphone is actually usable in the Tp2, basically non working for Tp1
Build Quality seems improved over TP1
I actually like the wider phone - seems like it fits my large hands better than the tp1.
Keyboard is a pleasure to type on. Tp1 seems so cramped now.

All in all, very while some of the upgrades seem minor on paper, they actually make me very happy.

The only shortcoming I feel it lacks is the LED light. Ive alreayd gotten used to not having a dpad, and the screen is so large, it's easy to do almost everything with your finger now.

mikejones13 09-26-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzicman82 (Post 1195392)
That's great! I've never had much problems with the TP1 reception, but battery life could be better.

How is the screen? Its got much more pixels than the iPhone/Palm pre, which are both 320x480. TP2 is 480x800 right? I like pixels. Too bad its not a capacitive screen.

Ya I would say the draw back is no captive screen, but yes the screen IS HUGE. As soon as I took the phone outa the box, I was like "Damn this thing is HUGE feels like an iPhone" The tilt is awesome and sits nicely on the table or even my lap to watch movies, sprint tv or even texting. The KB is huge and nice for my fat fingers. The other drawback is the whole SIM unlock (vzw can hook up to tmobile and att) but hopefully soon enough we (sprint users) will get that aswell.

correct 09-26-2009 05:08 PM

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77471

rafyrod 09-26-2009 05:12 PM

OMG go for it, i just got mine yesterday and is waaayy better than the tp1..

the things that impress me the most were the huge screen and the speaker... wow wow wow oh battery life is just awesome too better than tp1 by a huge difference
but overall quality seem improve beyond expectation..
for example:
the slider mechanisn
the gap between the keyboard part and the screen
back door
well said the whole phone

but the thing that you have to worry about is having an oversize screen comes scratches and ding and so on

but the phone is totally worth the price and now the phone is going if you are a proffesional on the go

muzicman82 09-26-2009 08:28 PM

Is the larger size justified in the other features? How about the thickness?