PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How do you all like the Touch Pro 2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87346)

30Glock 09-26-2009 08:35 PM

Re: How do you all like the Touch Pro 2?

Coming from a BlackBerry Storm, and for the past 7 yrs all BB devices, I can tell you this phone is the most advanced equipment i have used to date. Just amazed with its functions and capabilities.

Adrianh85 09-26-2009 08:57 PM

Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

coming from along list of devices this is the best to date and best built to date!! my 2cent

Dragon2 09-26-2009 09:03 PM

Ever since I got my Touch Pro 2 I have forgotten about my wife, she has been sleeping on the couch ever since and my Touch Pro 2 has been Gently laid in her place.... She rides in the back seat of the car when we go anywhere and the tp2 is gently set in the passenger seat buckeled up nice and snug. During dinner she doesnt sit at the other end, but instead My tp2 has replaced her there, she eats outside.
Even when we make Woopy i turn on my tp2 media player to some barry white while a slidshow is playing my playboy file..... I dream everynight about the next wonderful day with my tp2...... j/k Its a awesome phone though, way better than the tp1..........

royal _8 09-26-2009 11:01 PM

I have the touch pro2. The phone is very nice. The screen size is outstanding. Yes, it is big, a lot heavier than the mogul I previously had and little heavier than the Touch Pro. I received the phone Tuesday 9/22 and everything was working very well. However, by Friday 9/25, it started to stick, freeze and exhibit very delayed responses to touch. Tech support advised me to take the battery out and leave it out for a few minutes. That caused the phone to operate normally. I was told that the phone has so much software/programs that you have to allow the it to refresh for the network to respond properly. So you must remove the battery daily to refresh the system.

orlandojumpoff 09-26-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzicman82 (Post 1195989)
Is the larger size justified in the other features? How about the thickness?

it's not that large... if you're used to phones with keyboards, then you probably won't mind the extra half inch of width... because you'll be too distracted by the gorgeous giant screen.

it's actually a tiny bit thinner than the sprint tp i believe, which is also why u dont mind the width.

i'm gonna speak the truth here.... basically every person who's upgraded to the tp2 will tell you that it makes them forget about their tp. i've only seen like 2 people actuallly say they liked their tp or diamond better. and to be honest, they were idiots (just being honest). first of all, if you're coming from a diamond, keyboards were never your primary concern and also of course it's going to feel big if youre coming from the dinky diamond! (sorry, had to rant for a sec after the flashback). The other guy with the tp complained about things that had fixes btw.

imagine watching a 50 inch tv for a year... and then u upgrade to a 55 inch... after a couple weeks of use, if you switch back to the 50 inch you're going to feel like it's a big difference.

if you're not really sure if you want to spend the money on a tp2, then don't touch it because you're not going to want to go back to that tiny screened touch pro :mrgreen:
i refuse to ever go smaller than wvga ever again.

dgourd 09-26-2009 11:28 PM

Some people say that the size and weight is bad, but I think that the size gives it a more solid feel. It feels just as expensive as it is. Also, the weight feels just right in my pocket. Its not too much for it to annoy me, but it is heavy enough to stay at the bottom of the pocket and not fall out.

orlandojumpoff 09-26-2009 11:31 PM

yeah it is heavier, but at least build quality feels good... tp was just heavy and cheap feeling (still loved it tho).
i should point out that the tp2 is rocking reviews on phone sites... even cnet gave it 4/5 (like iPhone 3gs) and they seem to hate wm phones or at least never give them a 4.

fuuup 09-26-2009 11:37 PM

The screen is the main reason I upgraded from the TP1. I'm going to be using remote desktop a lot more from the hospital now, so I need as much screen space as I can get. Other than the dead pixel thing, the screen is great. It's nice to have that extra space. Less frustration. The screen also feels more responsive.

The 3.5mm jack is also a nice feature. Those miniUSB dongles are a pain and have always either broken on me, or been lost. So it's a definite plus. I'm just hoping the jack itself doesn't break inside the phone. At least with the dongles, you can buy a replacement for a few bucks.

The WORST thing about this phone is the keyboard layout. Something about it is just wrong. I've gone from qwerty phone to qwerty phone over the years and I've never had this much trouble adjusting. I adjusted faster to the iPhone keyboard! I'm not really sure what it is. Also, one HUGE problem is the lack of proper tab keys, which will be a pain when using remote desktop. Although the TP1 keyboard layout was rectangular and tiny/flimsy, it felt several times better typing away on that thing... it came much closer to emulating a real computer keyboard than the TP2. I find this strange since the TP2 is much wider and could have accommodated more keys.

The only nice thing about the TP2 keyboard is the design of the keys themselves. The entire keyboard is sealed as opposed to the TP1 keyboard, which had small spaces between the buttons.

Other than the screen, there isn't really any point. I'd say get it if you NEED the screen, sleep on it if you WANT the screen, and forget about it if you are UNSURE about whether or not you need/want the screen.

rafyrod 09-26-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon2 (Post 1196048)
Ever since I got my Touch Pro 2 I have forgotten about my wife, she has been sleeping on the couch ever since and my Touch Pro 2 has been Gently laid in her place.... She rides in the back seat of the car when we go anywhere and the tp2 is gently set in the passenger seat buckeled up nice and snug. During dinner she doesnt sit at the other end, but instead My tp2 has replaced her there, she eats outside.
Even when we make Woopy i turn on my tp2 media player to some barry white while a slidshow is playing my playboy file..... I dream everynight about the next wonderful day with my tp2...... j/k Its a awesome phone though, way better than the tp1..........

man that hella funny!!!

just be carefull, imagine getting divorce over a phone...... hahaha

Drewidian 09-27-2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon2 (Post 1196048)

I hear a divorce in the works... jk but I know exactly what you mean Dragon2. This is hands down the best WM device I have used to date. Keep in mind I'm comming from an XV6700. I skipped the touch Pro upgrade so I could get this one. To me the touch pro, while a significant upgrade over my xv6700, was too far changed from the European model to make it worth while. I hated that they removed the RAM, FM tuner, keyboard changes etc.. So I waited for this phone.

Here's what I really like. Touch flow 3D (I had 2d on my 6700 Cooked my own ROM), Speed of the ROM. It is very fast and functional. I love the threaded messaging, MMS/camera integration, The SCRRRRREEEEEEENNNNNN!!!! I can't tell you how much of a difference going from QVGA to WVGA is. Its fantastic, highly responsive, and seeing so much on the screen with Opera is. Opera runs very smooth, but I'm slowly converting to Skyfire. I've installed a ton of apps and tweaks from here and XDA.

I can't wait for the Hard SPL to be released for this phone so I can build my own custom ROMs and see what the "Masters" here and at XDA can come up with. I'm sure they will get the FM tuner working since it seems that the hardware is there. If they can get this working it will become my sole device. Right now I have to have FM so I can listen to the TVs at the gym. I use Core media player to watch some movies that I ripped form my DVDs to play when I get a chance. I even put a few episodes of tv shows I like just to see if it was tollerable. (That screen is great and plays flawlessly)

Battery life isn't bad. I can generally get down to about 40% with moderate to heavy use after a 16 hr day before I get a chance to settle in at home. I'm going to order a couple of spares and a cradle when I get a chance and one comes out for the CDMA version.

OK... Here's the bad... I have about 3 pixels that are dead or permanently on (its annoying at times, but the density is so high on this phone I only notice it on certain scenes where it is dark or light depending on the pixel. The start menu is a bit cumbersome. I almost with it had a scrollable launcher like the (and I hate to say it) IPhone's home screen. It would make navigation of long lists of apps easier especially when you have a limited number of Icons you can have on the customizable start menu. Its a minor annoyance, but its there when you have a ton of apps loaded on your phone. I wish there was a better Facebook/Twitter app on this version, but I'll wait for the 6.5/2.5 upgrade that I know is coming. I miss the flash. Pictures in situations where I can't control the lighting are not good, but not completely horrible.

In case you haven't seen what is coming, take a look here.

http://pocketnow.com/software-1/touc...y-new-features

Hope that helps in your determining how you want to proceed.

Good luck