PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Underwhelming

I got my TP2 yesterday, upgrading from a Diamond with Sprint. Initial impressions of the device were ok. It feels heavy and the keyboard might be too sturdy to push out with that curve there.. but the parts of the device I really am disappointed about are 1) it just feels sluggish to use, much more sluggish than the Diamond. That might be because of 2) the screen. The screen is big and high res but the resistive outer panel nature of it is just way worse than the Diamond.. maybe that comes with larger resistive screens, but i feel like the screen feels 'mushy' and adds a sense of feeling sluggish.

I know it has the crap MSM7600 processor in it, but for a device of this calibur and price tag ($350. $600 sans contract!!) we should expect more. I know HTC is starting to roll out capacitive touch screens with better processors but I am somehow left feeling disappointed overall. Like im really not getting a whole lot more as an upgrade from the diamond.

/start rant

Im just sick of this ****** piece of ***** **** **** qualcomm ***** 7XXX ***** processors and ****** resistive screens that are laggy and unresponsive as hell!!!! and this stupid piece of ***** **** 6.1 that cant ******* run its way out of a paper bag with its underwhelming performance!! The only reason I keep getting WM devices is work!! ******* ******!!!!

/end rant

I like the keyboard I guess...
Old 09-24-2009, 05:16 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Underwhelming

diamond more responsive than a tp2? huh? dude why comlain about the processer, you knew the specs before ya baught it, you knew under the hood its the same other than minor changes, so why keep beating that to death, now your other problems are just insane, i suggest get a replacement cause something aint right...

and its too tight? wow, never heard that before.... htc, bad job ya phones are too sturdy now. lol what else we gonna complain about, the screens too big??????lol wow what a thread..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

I like the tight screen.. it feels good, but the issue is fingers sliding up the curvature around the screen that i push on to open it up. Keep the tight screen, fix the curve.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
I got my TP2 yesterday, upgrading from a Diamond with Sprint. Initial impressions of the device were ok. It feels heavy and the keyboard might be too sturdy to push out with that curve there.. but the parts of the device I really am disappointed about are 1) it just feels sluggish to use, much more sluggish than the Diamond. That might be because of 2) the screen. The screen is big and high res but the resistive outer panel nature of it is just way worse than the Diamond.. maybe that comes with larger resistive screens, but i feel like the screen feels 'mushy' and adds a sense of feeling sluggish.

I know it has the crap MSM7600 processor in it, but for a device of this calibur and price tag ($350. $600 sans contract!!) we should expect more. I know HTC is starting to roll out capacitive touch screens with better processors but I am somehow left feeling disappointed overall. Like im really not getting a whole lot more as an upgrade from the diamond.

/start rant

Im just sick of this ****** piece of ***** **** **** qualcomm ***** 7XXX ***** processors and ****** resistive screens that are laggy and unresponsive as hell!!!! and this stupid piece of ***** **** 6.1 that cant ******* run its way out of a paper bag with its underwhelming performance!! The only reason I keep getting WM devices is work!! ******* ******!!!!

/end rant

I like the keyboard I guess...
I am working on a review, but I AGREE. This thing feels slow as crap and idles at more than 50% memory usage. I got brow-beat pretty hard in the review thread I started.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
I am working on a review, but I AGREE. This thing feels slow as crap and idles at more than 50% memory usage. I got brow-beat pretty hard in the review thread I started.
there are many threads on how to fix this. i currently am about 40% memory usage. they have the push tab fix and the dynamic resource proxy fix which will fix both those problems. Also custom roms will fix that issue also. I hate manilla, that also takes up 32 mbs or something like that.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

I agree. This phone sucks. Especially the keyboard... And dont get me started on the screen. Its too big, too bright and the high resolution makes everything look too good. I miss my small square screen. The only exercise I used to get was scrolling endlessly while web browsing. Now im fat and have heart issues... DAMN YOU HTC!!!!!!!!!!

Phone

Sprint
PPC-6600

Verizon
Samsumg i760
HTC VX6800 - Mogul
HTC VX6850 - Touch Pro
HTC VX6875 - Touch Pro 2

Feathered Access -
Free Live Mobile Television On The Go!
http://featheredaccess.com
Old 09-24-2009, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
there are many threads on how to fix this. i currently am about 40% memory usage. they have the push tab fix and the dynamic resource proxy fix which will fix both those problems. Also custom roms will fix that issue also. I hate manilla, that also takes up 32 mbs or something like that.
I start with 38% and have NEVER reached 50 after closing all programs. When this thing FINALLY gets unlocked we will see performance soar. BTW... When the *** are we going to see a hardSPL I want to start playing.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC 4G
Carrier: WIMAX 4G

popularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to popularbelief420 Send a message via Yahoo to popularbelief420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
diamond more responsive than a tp2? huh? dude why comlain about the processer, you knew the specs before ya baught it, you knew under the hood its the same other than minor changes, so why keep beating that to death, now your other problems are just insane, i suggest get a replacement cause something aint right...

and its too tight? wow, never heard that before.... htc, bad job ya phones are too sturdy now. lol what else we gonna complain about, the screens too big??????lol wow what a thread..

totally agree. everyone @ work try to convince me to wait for the Hero. i said 3 words. want vs need. i don't need android. i want a QWERTY Keyboard. i don't need a new OS to master. I need a WM upgrade to this smaller screen (Diamond) . i would've paid $500 for a Touch HD if they told me Sprint was getting it. the htc Hero just wasn't going to cut it.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

grandpanda is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldersoul View Post
i agree. This phone sucks. Especially the keyboard... And dont get me started on the screen. Its too big, too bright and the high resolution makes everything look too good. I miss my small square screen. The only exercise i used to get was scrolling endlessly while web browsing. Now im fat and have heart issues... Damn you htc!!!!!!!!!!
lol=d>
Old 09-24-2009, 05:54 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I understand if someone doesn't like this device...that's fine. I would disagree with most of the points they make, but still, everyone has their own opinion.

Now...saying it's slower than a TP or a Diamond is outrageous, lol. My TP2 is faster out of the box than my TP was with any custom rom installed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2