PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83
Talking SPRINT TP2 Ram Dump / SD Flash Button combo's & examples.

I posted this in the Hard Reset Thread but did not get any responses so I am Re-posting hoping more will pick up on this and see if any of this info is useful @ creating an unlocker.. I am willing to help out more but don't know what is needed to do the ram dump as my pc did install the HTC USB SYNC driver when I was connected in RAM DUMP mode.

I was playing with the sprint tp2 i have and trying to do a hard reset yesterday b4 looking in the manual and b4 this was posted... I came across some interesting info and modes ...

RAM DUMP Mode

HOLD POWER + Vdown + talk/send + stylis reset

TRI COLOR / Bootloader Screen

Hold Power + Vdown + Soft reset = Flash from SD mode and or tri color screen ....

going to play with rom image names to see if RHODIMG.NBH is the correct one to flash from sd....

I was right it is RHODIMG.nbh I took a RAPHIMG.NBH and just renamed it to RHODIMG.NBH and it went right into loading.... I WAS NOT going to flash if it prompted me. I just wanted to see if it would see the image and attempt to do something other then go back to the tri color screen... And it went to loading but I don't have any roms for the TP2 Sprint to even try to see if it will get past loading to the prompt screen...

Guess if an unlocker does not come out b4 the sprint 6.5 update I will @ least know how to flash from sd... BTW I have a 16gb micro sd in it from sandisk the one I took out of my TP when I switched phones.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83
Re: SPRINT TP2 Ram Dump / SD Flash Button combo's & examples.

mods feel free to move or delete thread if nessisary just doing my part to hopefully help as I came up with this info on my own w/out searching, although I have lived on this forum lurking and reading just about every post daily sense it was created.

It is easily becoming very popular and hard to keep up w/ all the new threads and posts.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Interesting info & cool avatar
Old 09-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thx ... I need to whip up another for my new toy the tp2 .... just wating on some better stock pix or I will take some of my own with the picture I want actually running on the device... then just resize and crop out the bg...

Just don't feel like photoshopping right now to busy playing w/ the phone.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

bump finally a tp2 avy
Old 10-11-2009, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm not sure how but you can only flash certified roms so it shouldn't have let you even try to flash the raph rom.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Does anyone know where I could custom rom to try and see what happens? lol Yes I am crazy to try it but I am willing to take the risk

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-11-2009, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

delfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good work

I'm trying it now..but it still says loading..been like this half hour now..
Old 10-12-2009, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

delfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good work

so I soft reset, I don't think that loading screen was going anywhere
Old 10-12-2009, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ya since the rom isn't certified for that device.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc, rhodium, sd flash, sprint, tp2