PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you having trouble staying in 3G? Is your VZW TP2 getting stuck in 1X mode?
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 16 7.27%
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X but I did NOT have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 117 53.18%
No, no problems here AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 7 3.18%
No, no problems here and I never had a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 80 36.36%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are you having trouble staying in 3G (getting stuck in 1X), VZW TP2 folks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by machek View Post
This may or may not be the common denominator, but originally when i got the phone, i never did the *228 option 1. It never initially went through the "programming". The only problem I ever had was a *777 error, however i still had internet, perfect service etc. NEVER got stuck on 1x, switched back and forth like it should. Then two weeks or three weeks later did a *228 option 1 and then 2, and two days later, I'm getting stuck on 1x. I keep having the problem too, wish i never did the original "programming". And yes Verizon btw.
How did you activate the phone on your account when you first got it if you didn't do a *228?

On another note, I've just had nothing but trouble the last few days. Usually I can go almost a week without issues. But the last 3 days or so, I must have reset 50 times.

Just can't seem to keep it in 3G lately. Getting close to asking for a replacement but I know that's a crapshoot anyway.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

machek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
How did you activate the phone on your account when you first got it if you didn't do a *228?

On another note, I've just had nothing but trouble the last few days. Usually I can go almost a week without issues. But the last 3 days or so, I must have reset 50 times.

Just can't seem to keep it in 3G lately. Getting close to asking for a replacement but I know that's a crapshoot anyway.

I called some verizon number that was given in the paperwork that stated if I had trouble I should call it. The rep stayed on the phone as he activated it and i was fine after that. Like I said, the only problem I had was the #777 problem, and even when i called verizon, the idiot who answered the phone basically argued with me asking me why I'm even conserned with a #777 error. I answered that obviously if my phone is showing an error, then there must be a problem. Anyway, I'm getting off topic. Somehow they set it up over the phone. (I used a landline, not actually on the phone during the call)
Old 11-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Based on the current results, 56% of the people that have this phone are having this issue. Not good!
Old 11-09-2009, 02:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: vzw

jlbusch is just getting started

Has anyone tried flashing any of the other radios available to see if this solves the problems....
Just curious...still in and out of 1x, though it typically resolves with a soft reset or three...very frustating...I would consider swaping for a Droid but I'm not sure that is a developed enough OS...
Old 11-09-2009, 09:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

I also noticed that there are 2 radios available for VZW, could be that those having the issue are on the earlier version of the radio?
Old 11-09-2009, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work

I hope a new radio solves the problem. I have to reset my phone sometimes 4-5 times to get 3G/EV to show up. My xv6800 stays locked on EV almost the entire time, and ALWAYS booted up to it!

VERY frustrating...

If my phone acts squirrely, I'm afraid to reset it because I'll loose the 3G connection!

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600
Old 11-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There seems to be 2 radio versions. If people could state which they have
it could be helpful. I'm running the newer v. and have not had the stuck in
1x issue yet.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gbruyn is becoming a great contributor

I've ran both 1.88 and 1.87 radio versions. Both have the same issue of getting stuck in 1X. I'm hoping for a newer one than 1.88 once Verizon releases a 6.5 update. We'll see though I guess...
Old 11-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah, I hope for a radio flash fix then, maybe an update soon. I don't have the issue yet.(knock wood). My tp2 is about 2 months old. I wonder if there is any pattern as to when this happens.
Looking at the poll results is disheartening as it seems more with the prob than without.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

rp4643 is just getting started

This is the reply I received back from HTC regarding the stuck 1X problem, I have NO idea as to why he thought I was'nt getting Wi-fi? Anyhow, the responce is lame to say the least. Everything he mentions has been tried. Verizon is sending me a New Refurbed device today so Ill see what happens with it.

Thank you for contacting HTC Technical Assistance Center. I apologize for the length of time it took me to respond to your email. I understand how frustrating it is not being able to get complete 3G service and on your and not being able to access Wi-Fi from your device. I will be happy to address these problems on your Verizon Touch Pro2.

I have Verizon Touch Pro2 test device. I was unable to replicate the issue of being able to connect to Wi-Fi. I have tied using both Internet Explorer and Opera Browser. Based on the information you have provided not being able to access 3G on your device. Im was to find any information concerning this issue. I would suggest contacting Verizon and make sure there are no outages in your Service Area. Make sure Verizon has correctly setup your device. I would suggest removing any third party software that may be installed to your device. Go on your device to Start> Settings> All Settings> System> then you can choose remove programs and uninstalled the software on your device. If the following steps do not work to resolve your issue then the device will need to be reset back to factory settings. This operation will delete all data off your device back to factory settings. Make sure you have synchronized your device with your computer before continuing with this operation. Follow these instructions to reset your device, Start> Settings> All Settings> System> Clear Storage> Enter 1,2,3,4;Hit Yes. Your device will then go through the Automatic Customization. Make sure you follow all instructions to reset your device. Try out the device for the next couple of days and see if your device still has the same issue. Also for the Wi-Fi issue you are having on your device follow these instructions. What is the current Set encryption lvel on your router? Toggle the Encryption level to see if you are able to connect. Do you have Media Access Control ( MAC) Enabled on your router? If so disable MAC Filtering on your router to see if your device will connect. What is the Wi-Fi channel you are using on your Router? It is recommended to use 1,6, or 11 to connect with your router. What is the key configuration? Is it set at WEP, WEP with TKIP, and WPA with PSK, WPA or WPA2. WEP with TKIP are the recommended Key Configurations to use. Try disabling the Security and Encryption settings on your Router to see if your device connects. Also try connecting to another Wi-Fi router other than your home router.

Thank you for contacting HTC today I hope I have addressed all your needs and concerns today. If you need any further assistance please feel free to reply to my email. Check out www.htc.com for any information about your device. Be sure to check out our online customer satisfaction survey located at http://survey.htc.com/worldwide and www.htcwiki.com

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2