PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 07:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Friend asked why I didn't buy an iPhone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
I'm not sure what your provider's policy is, but microsoft has never been against custom shells. There is nothing illegal about making your TouchFlo 2.1 into something that looks like 2.5. Jailbreaking an iPhone is considered illegal.

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/02...eaking-illegal
I know it's not illegal to hack your phone, but it does however void your warranty with the carrier supposedly. I'm sure MS could care less because they already made money off of you buying the phone, so what do they care what you do with it after you get it.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I know it's not illegal to hack your phone, but it does however void your warranty with the carrier supposedly. I'm sure MS could care less because they already made money off of you buying the phone, so what do they care what you do with it after you get it.
exactly, now why does that fruity loser that likes hybrid cars, starbucks, seattle, sexual ambiguity, and the iphone like a phone that doesn't allow you to customize it the way you want? the answer? because the iphone fits into that same list of sheep-herding advertising (although I haven't seen too many ads about Seattle)
Old 09-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I have a friend that has a iphone and loves it. We both can bring up alot fo pros and cons on both devices. The main killer argument for iphones is that fact that it does use full 100% acceleration. And the main killer argument for us WM users is that fact that we have freedom with our devices. I choose freedom.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Banned User

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by exil3d View Post
i have a friend that has a iphone and loves it. We both can bring up alot fo pros and cons on both devices. The main killer argument for iphones is that fact that it does use full 100% acceleration. And the main killer argument for us wm users is that fact that we have freedom with our devices. I choose freedom.
cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Banned User

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:50 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Cheers.
Yup. I agree. Unlocking and flashing is probably the best part of Winmo devices.

But that being said, I'd have to say that we are in the minority. Most people don't really have the techincal acumen (nor the interest) in tweaking their phones like most PPCgeeks.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:55 PM
Banned User

Ya, its even kinda funny thou. My iphone friend told me the other day he is pretty bored with the phone and does not want to pay more money fro the apps. He said that he bought a few app in the past but found them useless and boring after 5 minutes. I told him.. them exactly why i wont buy a iphone. I mean, look at us now.. here we are playing with opera mini 5! We get candies free all the time!
Old 09-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Banned User

we should be making our case to iphone users constantly...it would be a lot easier if they weren't brainwashed...
Old 09-20-2009, 02:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Sheesh. I know the Iphone is overhyped, but lets face it, until HTC moves away from the qualcomm chipsets, we wont be seeing phones from them that can blow the Iphone out of the water
Old 09-20-2009, 02:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint EPRP

dicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to dicast

I got SERO that's why. I dont think AT&T offer SERO Plan do they?...I dont think so. Beside, I love my touch pro 2 even it's not hack yet

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2