PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

docprego is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possilbe Dead Pixel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsoleteE View Post
Has anyone thus far had a phone that was okay and later had a pixel die?
I just decided to thoroughly check my TP2 for dead/stuck pixels. I figured I'm aware of 2 without looking for them, let's see what is really going on. I set the brightness on maximum and really studied the screen on a completely black background. Ironically one of my 2 stuck pixels was gone! The device now has a single white/reddish stuck pixel in the top right corner. I can't see it at all during normal use because the top menu obscures it. I have been leaving my phone on the setting where Windows Mobile sets the screen brightness automatically. With this set I can barely see the pixel. Ideally I would like to run my device at 50% brightness but then it is a touch more noticeable. So do I leave well enough alone and live with a device that has only 1 barely noticeable pixel defect, or risk it and go thorugh the very annoying Sprint return process?

Speaking of what is the deal with the credit from a return taking forever to hit your account? Sprint's systems are ridiculously bad.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

With what I have now, I can live with it. I have 3 bright pixels at the edge of my screen. I'm worried about what to expect down the road? Do they go out? Do more go bad...
Old 09-16-2009, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

docprego is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 View Post
With what I have now, I can live with it. I have 3 bright pixels at the edge of my screen. I'm worried about what to expect down the road? Do they go out? Do more go bad...
You're less particular than I, I am struggling with 1 and trying to just enjoy the phone. In the past I would not tolerate any stuck or dead pixels at all. Because Sprint makes the exchange process so miserable I will probably just keep this TP2. That is unless stores get them soon..... Any news on that front?
Old 09-16-2009, 02:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Pro
Threadstarter

CareTake12 is keeping up the good workCareTake12 is keeping up the good work

Can someone please take a picture of the white and red dead pixel, i just want to make sure it's a dead pixel. I can't see it during normal use just in camera mode when it's all black. Man i seriously want to keep my phone but it's 647.00 dollar.. Thanks everyone for there input.. TP2 is the best phone out right now. I clearly can vouch for that..
Old 09-16-2009, 03:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Considering what most folks have to go through to discover them, it's not much of a problem, any more than all the dead bytes or sectors on virtually any new hard drive. They're invisible to you (on the hard drive) because the OS blocks them out and doesn't use them. It seems the same applies to most of you with the dead pixel issue - someone brings it up, then many others start looking, etc., and become dissatisfied. Otherwise, they'd be invisible to most of you.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Pro
Threadstarter

CareTake12 is keeping up the good workCareTake12 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Considering what most folks have to go through to discover them, it's not much of a problem, any more than all the dead bytes or sectors on virtually any new hard drive. They're invisible to you (on the hard drive) because the OS blocks them out and doesn't use them. It seems the same applies to most of you with the dead pixel issue - someone brings it up, then many others start looking, etc., and become dissatisfied. Otherwise, they'd be invisible to most of you.
In all honesty i don't see it until i put the camera on or view a picture that is all black.. Some people spend 647.02 and that the reason why people are dissatisfied. It's allot of money for a phone and we want the best for our money.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

i wouldn't like stuck pixels. i'd prob want to return it based on the thought of it.

that being said, it sounds like the stuck pixel issue isn't as big of a deal as it would be on some other screens. on PSPs the stuck pixel thing is visible even in nicely lit rooms. if i had to go into a dark room with no light at all and had to use the camera mode to see a couple very tiny pixels... i think, surprisingly, i'd just say screw it.

it sounds like people with the problem have it to varying degrees. if you can see it in any room that's NOT pitch black, i'd return it. otherwise, you have to ask yourself.. will you ever notice it?
Old 09-16-2009, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
it sounds like people with the problem have it to varying degrees. if you can see it in any room that's NOT pitch black, i'd return it. otherwise, you have to ask yourself.. will you ever notice it?
Good point here. For something so hard to discover, I'd be afraid that I'd get a phone that was a lot worse, and then have to keep exchanging over and over. Me, I put my own dead pixel on my phone because a stupid spec of dust is in the middle area under my Zagg screen protector. I've decided to live with it because I have the protector on so perfectly in every other way, and who's to say but I'd have even more dust spots if I redid it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2