PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

The420Dank is keeping up the good workThe420Dank is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Conference Calling

I've read the manual and they say there is a conference button on the bottom right of the phone dial pad. But mine just has a backspace button so I have no clue how to use conference calling the way that HTC claims the TP2 does. Just the old/outdated way of calling people no the way HTC claims the phone does.

Anyone else see this yet?
Old 09-13-2009, 01:42 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Conference Calling

gotta make a call, put them on hold and the option should be there.... thats what i heard about sprints... tmobiles you can just start from the get go
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks dude, I will try that, sounds like it should work.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

With three-way calling, you can talk to two people at the same time. When using three-way calling on the Nationwide Sprint Network, the normal airtime rates will be charged for each of the two calls. Roaming charges apply when you are roaming off the Nationwide Sprint Network.

1. Place the first call or accept an incoming call.

2. To put the first call on hold and display the phone keypad so you can make the second call, you can do one of the following: 􏰁
* Press the Talk key.
* On the Phone screen, tap Talk icon
* On the Phone screen, tap ‘Keypad’

3. Tap the phone keypad keys to enter the second phone number, and then press the Talk key to make the second call. [The Talk key is the physical key on the device. Not an icon on the screen.]

4. When you’re connected to the second party, do one of the following to begin the three-way call: 􏰁
* Press the Talk key. 􏰁
* On the Phone screen, tap ’Talk Icon’
* On the Phone screen, tap ’Conference’

If one of the parties in the current call hangs up, you and the remaining caller still remain connected. To end the three-way call, press the End key or tap End. All other callers will be disconnected.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks dude, excellent info. All I wanted to know except more and very well put. Definetely thanks to the 2 guys who posted info...
Old 09-15-2009, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

rn4emp is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rn4emp

Quote:
Originally Posted by The420Dank View Post
Thanks dude, excellent info. All I wanted to know except more and very well put. Definetely thanks to the 2 guys who posted info...
yeah but sorry all of the phones has that feature. Conference calling is when you have more than 3 people. Like the image on HTC website shows about 6 people on a conference call. I called Sprint and the tech didn't know how to make that happen. He took my number and said he will call when he found out something. That was about 4 days ago. I just gave up on it. I don't think they have the capabilities to make it work. damn CDMA network. maybe when they put the 4g in effect.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn4emp View Post
yeah but sorry all of the phones has that feature. Conference calling is when you have more than 3 people. Like the image on HTC website shows about 6 people on a conference call. I called Sprint and the tech didn't know how to make that happen. He took my number and said he will call when he found out something. That was about 4 days ago. I just gave up on it. I don't think they have the capabilities to make it work. damn CDMA network. maybe when they put the 4g in effect.
It was posted somewhere else that CDMA networks don't have the capabilities to have more than 3-way calling. So, when LTE gets here for VZW, it should happen with a new device/radio, but not sure about Sprint since they're taking a different 4G path.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2